Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

updated Meccury dimet set

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
I put that 1926 dime in my set since I didn't have one may update it later. I have to resubmit my 1937-S dime for grasdingimage
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    Nice addition. I sent three of mine back for review for the FB designation, waiting to see...never know.image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sending the whole set in and Demanding they upgrade each coin by 3 points. Man I'm really PO'ed about this inconsistant grading my coins get. Not going to take this crap from them any more. Either upgrade each coin or blow the Registry out thier Kazoo is what I'm telling them.

Oh Yea. Better picts of the Really Good Looking Under Graded 17D. This one better go up by 3 points.

imageimage

Ken
  • Options
    A 26P FB Coin. This is a Shot 69 Coin in my book !!!

May need to keep this one after Kazoo Blowing is done, which I predict will happen.

Ken
  • Options
    and while I'm on this Tirade I want some darn designations also. The 39S (Top Coin) and the 45MicroS (Bottom Coin, suppose you figured that out though) better Not Only go to 69's but they better get Full Bands. Then they will be Flipped or Traded quicker that the Speed of Light for a 21P and a 21D. Are you listening PCGS ?? This crap is Ending here today once and for all. image

Ken
  • Options
    and one other thing. If the Merc Folks do not start posting more I'm leaving this place. image It s no Fun talking to yourself like I have been doing in this thread !!! I'm going over to the NGC board and see if anyone is around there. Probably just a bunch of Comic Book...... better say collectors on this one.

Thats it ....No More to Gripe About Today except Go 49ers !! Opps they got knocked out. PO'ed about that also.

Ken
  • Options
    Get some grades back lately Ken? I think I missed what started this, though it sure does look like those two coins have full bands!
  • Options
    Ken,
    LOLimage

I was watching the Bucs kick butt...will be back later....imageimage
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Think that PCGS needs to relook at thier grading of mercury dimes. They seem to be all over the board
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Bucs have things under control, so I thought I'd check in.

Ken,

Based on your pics, I'd have to say both dimes appear to be FB, but if PCGS doesn't think so, is it really worth the big bucks you pay for the FB designation? I'd be happy if all my Mercs had bands like those 2 coins, and were graded as non-FB. Those "near-misses" have got to be great buys, if you can find them in PCGS non-FB holders without paying a premium over non-FB prices.

The reverse of the '26-P is really nice, at least MS66, but the obverse looks like it has a few marks. A high-end 64FB, maybe a 65FB if you catch the graders in a good mood.

On the '17-D: sorry, it still doesn't do anything for me. What's the grade on the holder? If it's a Mint State coin, I'm guessing a 64FB.

Jim

Edited because I couldn't remember how to spell my name. Blame it on the Super Bowl. image
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Jim you signed your name as Ken. Name Change ?? One Grumpy Ken is enough around here.

That 17D is Nice, Darn It !!! Come on give me a break. image 63FB is the Grade and PQQQQQQQQQQQ at that. image

Jim
  • Options
    GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea!

Ken,
    I know what you are talking about, with all those NEAR Misses......hmmmmmmmm, makes one get a little bit hot....image
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Calm down Ken!!! When I have something to say, I'll post!!! I was watching the Bucs win me a new 35-D 65FB, well $500.00 cash, which should do it!

I went to the Houston Money show today. Got there around noon. About half of the dealers were gone, and half of the rest were packing. Give me a break guys, the show was supposed to be open until 3:00PM. I do not understand these dealers. Fly 1500 miles, hotels, meals, table expenses, it cost a darned lot of money per hour to set up at a show. Why leave early. There are guys like me who couldn't make it until noon on Sunday. (Work on Friday, 7 year old son's make up birthday party on Saturday) I do shows for a living(not coin), and let me tell you, I never pack until they run the public out of the show. Even then there have been times I have done $10,000.00-$15,000.00 after the show closed, just to other dealers who have been too busy to shop. Even spent an hour unpacking once to find a $3,500.00 item for a dealer.

Needless to say, the show was somewhat of a dissappointment to me. I went with 2 pockets full of money, and came home the same way. Found a nice PCGS 39-D in 67FB that I bought(Ken, you will like this one, nice toning image), found a nice PCGS 35-D MS65FB, but the dealer wanted $125.00 over grey sheet for it. I offered $50.00 over, not only did he decline, he was snooty and rude to boot. Saw a real nice PCGS 28-D in 65FB for $2,000.00. Finally decided to up the ante and went back to buy it, and the dealer was gone! Saw a nice PCGS 20-S in 65 no bands for $390.00 which I probably should have bought but didn't. Not much early stuff in full bands, and a lot of it was grossly overpriced.

It was funny, lots of ACG stuff in the front of the show, but really no where else. Lots and lots of raw stuff, I looked at a few things, bought a nice AU58 1920-S for my raw set.

Did not get to meet anyone from the boards, which I was really looking forward to.

Weather was bad, cold and rainy, which probably kept a lot of the public out. Dealers should still stay until the show closes. Really was not worth my time to go.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    Aw Shucks it was a Boring Sunday so something had to be posted. Send my Set in for regrade, No Way, I'm happy with what has been put on them overall. You do have to agree that the two S mint Dimes could have went either way with PCGS. Close, real close but they will just stay that way. The 17D is a coin that I just plain cannot get a good picture of. Since getting it I have taken probably 100 pictures and none of them portrays the coin as it really is. Still will work on this to sway some of you. The NGC dime is nice but has the usual slide marks you see on one of thier 64 Mercs. 64 coin only but a FB for sure coin. I was goofing with Pat on this one.

No Fear as I am not leaving to go to the other Forumns. Guess some might say "Fooey" about this. image

Wayne you should have jumped on the 28D. That price is under Sheet isnt it ? If you do not want the Toned 39D,and its reasonably priced, let me know. Do you happen to know who the California Dealer was ? Sounds a little like a guy I ran into once. PM if you know.

Thats it and All is Cool, except the Flu that has seemed to hit. image

Ken
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Yes Ken, I should have jumped on the 28-D, it was under sheet, but $2,000.00 is about 3 times what I have ever spent on a Merc and I wanted to walk the show first, see what else was available, and give it some thought. Ah, he who hesitates is lost. image

I have the dealers card at home, I will PM you his info.

Get yourself some chicken soup, and get well. We can't have the Merc sparkplug out of commission!!!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    Wayne I know what you mean. When I bought my 26S I had the shakes for a week. It was Way More than I had ever spent on a Merc Dime but the price was just too good to pass up. BTW I have not seen one anywhere close to what it was got for. Watched the last few auctions and they went higher in them also if my Flu ridden mind is remembering correctly.

Crap the Tussin is Super Yukey tasting stuff but it usually Kicks Ass when I get the Flu. image

Ken
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken:

Give your 17-D a bath--it will look better with all the dirt off its face...and off its butt....image

Re your 39-S and 45 Micro S: The 39-S I guess I can see why PCGS didn't FB it. The bands do appear to close at a few places, though those might be hits from other coins--it's hard to tell from a picture. But your 45 Micro S sure looks FB to me. Do you think the PCGS didn't FB it because of the mark on the top band toward the right? If so, from the picture, that sure looks tiny to me!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Mark Good Eye. I believe you are exactly correct on the 45 Micro. I always kills me on the way they are really conservative on giving the FB designation on Mercs that have a Huge Jump in price from NB to FB. Oh well that gives us a chance to buy some really nice coins for little or nothing. No Gripes about that situation. If it would have been a plain 45S it would say FB on the holder. JAOMVHAOSO !!

Ken