Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Colonial Set Registery

Excuse my naivity but, why aren't there any Colonial Coin registeries on PCGS?

Jim
Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
---------------------------------
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
"If it don't make $"
"It don't make cents""

Comments

• Options
    There might be someday. They've been just so busy with other registry sets, that they haven't had time to do any research for other ones.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    I believe this was discussed about a year ago and it might make it some day. They were supposed to redo the Large cent series too, however, all of the modern type sets, weights etc. have moved alot of the other series to the back burner. Logically I would think PCGS would deliver any requested registry if enough people ask (fuels the submissions). Regardless of a available registry, I have slowly started collecting a few (coppers only).
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Keyrock, so I adding to this thread in order to cast my vote for a colonial type set. Unfortunately, one of the best people to help put this together, Dave Bowers, seems on his way out of CU. Sigh.....

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Colonial collectors don't put coins in slabs - they liberate them from slabs.
  • Options
    Sounds like a true EACer image
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

The best authority on colonial coins is Anthony Terranova.He can be found at most big coin shows

Pcgs slabbed colonials can be bought from Bob Rhue out of Denver Colorado.He also attends major shows

Stewart
  • Options
    "Sounds like a true EACer" - Eac #2964 and a charter member of the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4)

• Options
    For the person that doesn't have the access to the coins or the experience and knowledge of the colonial coin, third grade coin grading is not such a bad thing! Realize that the knowledge of the collected coin doesn't come in one fell swoop but over time and the naive rely on the 3rd party grader to provide them with the information needed to peek their interest in coin collecting can only increase he interest in coin collecting.
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Colonial collectors take heart. Several weeks ago I sent a spreadsheet to a very well-respected colonial dealer who has volunteered his time to help establish the set compositions with weighting for the Registry. Once I receive the list back from him and we have had time to review it, we will be adding the colonial sets to the Registry. My best guess is that this will happen in 2-3 months.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    KeyrockKeyrock Posts: 961
    Any preview on the composistion of the registry?
  • Options
    I talked to Robert Rhue, at the Long Beach Coin Show and gave him my inputs on how I would like to see the registry compiled. I really only collect Novas and a few others so, I hope they split it up by types.
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""