Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Looking for a loop to grade

Anyone know where I can get a loop to check out my cards prior to sending them in? I hope to avoid the situation that I had last time with extremely low grades...due to my own ignorance. Thanksimage

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
>

Comments

• Options
    Loop's are used widely in photography. So I would imagine any good photography supply store would carry them.

Good luck.

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options
    You might try ebay...

loops

Hope this helps
    Stan Musial topped the .300 mark 17 times and won seven National League batting titles. A three-time MVP, he played in 24 All-Star Games. Probably, the greatest player who is overlooked and underappreciated.
  • Options
    I just purchased this one. and I'm waiting for it to come in. It's the third from the top, a lighted 10x loupe. Looks like it would be good for shows (it will fit in a pocket) and good for use at home. And it's lighted.

Mark
  • Options
    I bought mine from Levi - 707Sportscards. It is the same one used by PSA and has a graduated scale to measure centering very accurately.
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • Options
    Mark - fixed your link.

JEB.
  • Options
    Thanks Jeb. Not sure why that didn't work.

Mark
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

I actually got my loop from my jeweler. It works really well. Now if I can only get my eyes fixed, I would be fine. image

Mike
    Always looking for 1952 Bowmans and 1953 Johnston Cookies PSA 8's and higher.
  • Options
    You want a loop made by " JSP" that is corrected for curvat-"chore" ( NY pronounciation) so you can see the corners from the correct angle without distortion and with proper power. No more than 15x to reduce distortion unless you hold the cards under a long wave fl/light then a TENSOR lamp with non-incondescent bulb. I have such loops so write me. Having owned a jewelry store for 14 years and having restored no less than 1200 paintings,this is my thing. Murcerfan, the Mr. Brady of cards probably has suggestions as well due to the type of work he does.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I heard that there was a loupe out there that somehow determined centering. Does that sound accurate?

This is a good idea - getting a loupe - for all collectors. I had one, and cannot locate it.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Loupe 1

Is the loupe above a decent lighted one for small time use? The one in MickeyC's link seems a bit much for someone like me who grades infrequently. How's the price?

Thanks,

spacktrack

edited to fix link
  • Options
    Answer: NO* it is not corrected for curvature and it is a low quality lens! By a JSP* one and a TENSOR lamp ( Halogan) from The SharperImage*. This is not what you take to the card show ( unless you have a table or are grading for a cost) but for home use this is the ticket!

" Give me a 9 or you iz Blind " Jose Feliciano on card grading!
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I purchased one on-line from a German company called Optelec. Quite expensive, and it took a few weeks to arrive, but the 10x German optics can't be beat, by anybody. It also came with a light. Search google for the company and you will find them, but get the wallet out.

Here is the site - good stuff.
  • Options
    Is the bald musician dude the guy from REM ?
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

<< <i>Is the bald musician dude the guy from REM ? >>

No. He's Gordon Downie. Singer for The Tragically Hip
  • Options
    Got my loupe in the mail today! It's perfect for bringing to shows, and using at home. I'm very happy.

Mark