Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Are there too many types of sets in the Registry?

I half expect to see new sets, for coins showing left profile, right profile, and full torso, showing up any day now.
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the original type setup. There were much more sets competing then. The "modern" set even contain gold. Proofs were competing with business strikes. It is so many now that the sets have become "boring". I think the change was bad strategy...
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I wish they had more type sets. Like a type set for Cents, Nickel coins, Dimes, etc. I don't want to see proof coins competing against business strikes, that is hardly fair, it's like apples to oranges. Well maybe like Granny Smiths to Fujis. mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    nope there should be more! that way more can participate

for example like just s mint sets of coins or othere branch mint set coins for the series or more type sets!!!

or sets like the 1909 indian and 909 lincoln and all the varities like 09s indian 09s 09svdb lincolns including the proofs of the 1909 indian and the 09 and 09vdb lincoln
    also the 1883 csnts and no cents proof and unc lib and the 1883 shield proof and unc nicks!

the list goes on and on

it just makes it more fun and lets others participate as maybe some sets will be within some budgets just like the 1936 to 42 proof sets they added you could just specialize in one set and make it the best it can be say the 1937 proof set all original coins maybe not the highest grades but still nice and say original all coins together like they left the mint in march 1937!!..............lol

also with nicely toned coins and many high grade maybe not the finest but still nice grades

lol

sincerely michael