Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Contest: Where am I from in Indiana ? WINNER!!

The Muncie thread told me there's a fair number of members from Indiana; including me. If you divide the state into quarters (terrible coin reference), I grew up in NW. One of the astronauts who perished in 1967 was a graduate of a nearby university. My town has six letters. My high school went to the state basketball finals in the mid-sixties. If I gave you anymore clues, I might get locked up. image
Can you guess the name of my town? First correct guess wins.

At stake is a nice slabbed coin (probably a Kennedy) or something similar. I realize if you're from Washington state or some other desolate area you might think this is not a fair contest. But hey, it's not fair having to grow up in Indiana either!!!!!! image

Joe
(Pennsylvania resident since Kennedys were 40% silver)

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image

Comments

• Eh, well, I don't know how many guesses you have. But I'm saying either Buddha or Fickle.
  • pm sent
  • I live here in Inidana since the mid 60's, moved here from Ohio. STill a Buckeye fan. It seem to rain a lot here when we first came to Indiana.
    I'm In muncie, You know where Letterman went to college.
    You're right serveral people live here in Indiana that list on this forum.

Dan
    <>< ~~~
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Summit?
    Elston?
    Taylor?
    Harley?
    Radnor?
    Ockley?
    Bowers?
    Colfax?
    Pettit?
    Linden?
    Manson?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No

The name of the town does not start with a C or a D; but C&D is another good clue.

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
    Attica?
    Fowler?
    Romney?
    Oxford?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
    Attica Plant
    C&D Technologies, Inc.
    PO Box 279
    200 W. Main Street
    Attica, Indiana 47918-0279 USA

"If I gave you anymore clues, I might get locked up". But Attica prison is in my state, NY.

• PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve is the winner. What made you guess that I grew up in Attica?

"locked up" was a reference to the infamous Attica (NY) prison
    Gus Grissom was a Purdue graduate; later a NASA astronaut.
    C&D Batteries (now C&D Technologies) was my Dad's employer and biggest company in a town of 5,000 people. He worked for C&D in Phila, transferred to start the Attica plant in 1955 (I was 1) transferred back to Blue Bell, PA in 1968. I have returned only once, back in 1985, when a business trip took me to Lafayette about 25 miles down the road.

Joe

PM me with your address. Good job!
    Having only been in Indiana once it was tough, but it was also fun.

Thanks,