Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

An idea for PSA ?

No ,

I am not touting PGS grading service or slamming it . I just happen to think they have a neat feature which might be a good idea.

They offer with each card graded a high quality scan on the internet for 3 years. This would certainly simplify my life and wonder if others think this is a good idea... ( I would imagine there would be a surcharge or a fee -perhaps an annual one?)

Here is a link to the PGS websitePGS

What does everyone else think Good Idea ? would you be willing to pay for it?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comments

• Options
    I think that would be tuff for PSA based on the volume they grade as oppossed to PGS. I think it would really slow turnarounds to and would probably be un-manageable and would definately add an expense.

Billy
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    guys,
    i know owning is better than window shopping but psa should take pictures of all their tens and and some 9's. i am not talking about post 85/86 but it would be nice to have a quarterly pub that would showcase these cards. i would buy a subscription to this or something like it. maybe 6 cards to a page and every quarter they take the best and put in a magazine, how many of you guys wished superior would put more pictures in their catalogues?
    i also think if and when psa decides to redesign their holders if they made them about an inch wider they could put the horozontal cards in horizonataly(not sure if thats a word). you know what i mean team cards the 1960 topps baseball set .i believe this is long over due.
    just an idea
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    From what I've heard awhile ago, PSA surpassed the 5 million graded card mark. I don't know if this is true. But that would be a hulluva lot of scans and memory. Even just limiting the scans of PSA-10's wouldn't do to much, I have some PSA-10 Football cards that are only worth about $10.00 each (2000 C.E. graded set), and they graded over 100,000 PSA-10;s in that issue, 5,000 just for McNabb. So any 1950's PSA-7 common would be worth more then a majority of the PSA-10's that I mentioned...jay
  • Options
    FFFFFFFFive Million slabs !!!! Thats a lot of plastic.

Perhaps limit it to cards $100.00 + SMR

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options

Great Idea!!
    I think that if they were to post pictures,they should show cards whose SMR are $500 or more.This would limit the amount of cards they post and showcase the hobbies premier cards.Modern cards with low pops would get exposure as well.

Vic

Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.