Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Hoping for some giveaways..

Well, I just got back into coin collecting recently. I looked through my dads penny can to see if I could find anything interesting. Found a bunch of teen's, 30's, and some 40 wheaties. Didn't know what the hell to do with them, so I tryed cleaning them.....with CLR! They look so horrible now. I've decided its not wise to mess with coins since I've had bad expierences (CLR'd Wheaties, Erasered Morgans & Peace dollars). Since I've joined the board I've learned much more about keeping coins in good shape, storage purposes, etc. I'm only 15, so I don't work yet. And coin collecting gets agrivating when all you can do is look through change you get day to day for anything good. So anyway, I'm looking for any freebies some of you may be willling to give away. I'll take any type of coins, in any condition. I'm just sick of lookin at the same ones everyday, knowing how badly I screwed up on them image. Ah well, if no one can give anything, its understood. I thought I'd just try and see if I could get anything from anyone. Thanks.

Comments

• mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    It may be wise to wait a while before asking for anything. Pocket change finds can be great. I've found lots of interesting things from pocket change. Save your money and buy a nice magnifying glass maybe a 10X or 16X then look at the dates, mintmarks, and other lettering on the coins. To see some of the things you can find check out this link. link to coppercoins.com remember that is just for pennies double dies can be found on all denominations.

• << <i>It may be wise to wait a while before asking for anything. Pocket change finds can be great. I've found lots of interesting things from pocket change. Save your money and buy a nice magnifying glass maybe a 10X or 16X then look at the dates, mintmarks, and other lettering on the coins. To see some of the things you can find check out this link. link to coppercoins.com remember that is just for pennies double dies can be found on all denominations. >>

I understand your point, but like I said I don't work. So I hardly ever have money to spend, and change isn't something I get everyday.
    do your parents have a change jar? that is usually where i find my coins from my parents change jar, if i find a penny that i want i put a penny in the jar. Someone in my coin club is very interested in lincon cent varieties so i sell them to him for a few bucks a peice save up the money i make and buy 1 or 2 nicer coins a year.

• << <i>do your parents have a change jar? that is usually where i find my coins from my parents change jar, if i find a penny that i want i put a penny in the jar. Someone in my coin club is very interested in lincon cent varieties so i sell them to him for a few bucks a peice save up the money i make and buy 1 or 2 nicer coins a year. >>

I've already looked through all my parents change. The best stuff I found was a few SBA's and Saca. Dollars.
    you could take there change and go to the bank and trade it in for more.
  • I would recomend joining the ANA u can earn things like early copper in the copper project in which you do stuff like make a display and u can get coins. It only costs 15 dollars to join. and u can get coins worth much more than that.
  • kelector kid can you give me a link to ANA ?
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!