Home Q & A Forum
Options

Your observations at FUN

David,

I am interested in hearing your general observations of the FUN show. Good and bad.

Thanks,

Andy
We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Andy...

First of all...like many of you, I was blown away by the super strong prices at the auctions. There is huge demand for Pop Tops and high end coins. I also find it very interesting that I talked to a lot of people who were doing 19th Century sets, i.e. Liberty nickels, Shield nickels, some new Morgan collectors, three cent silvers, etc. The Set Registry demand has seemed to spread from 20th Century to 19th Century coins too.

Most dealers I talked to had fabulous shows. The FUN show is a good barometer of market activity for upcoming months and it looks like the market will continue its upward climb. The market seems to have a lot of momentum.

PCGS submissions were very strong at the show. We did 4880 coins...the previous FUN show record was 3700. I always consider PCGS submissions a market indicator, so in that regard the market also seems great.

Everything I saw at the FUN show confirms my belief that last year was the beginning of another Bull market in coins.

As a side note, I really enjoyed talking to many Forum members at the show. I look forward to meeting more members at next month's Long Beach show.