Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

POP 2- 1936d ms68 Buff for my Registry set.

I just picked up an 1936d ms 68 pop2 Buffalo Nickel for my Registry set along with an 1914 ms67. Both coins came from the B+M auction in Florida. The other owner of the 36d belongs to Tom McCarroll who has it the #1 Buffalo Registry set. Lost out on two other Buffs to floor bidders, 1914d ms67 pop 4 my high bid was 16,800 and coin went for 18,000. Can't win all the time, I just glad I was able to pick up 2 nice coins from the #2 Registry set from Pennsylvania.image
A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.

Comments

• Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Fantastic coins, congratulations! I love the Buffs. I one day must see a MS68 Buff. Way to go...
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did the 1913 Type 1 MS68 go for? Just curious what my dealers would be worth. Certainly the most awesome Buffalo I have ever seen.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    I was told the hammer fell at $17,000 and don't forget the 15%.
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    The coin I am talking about is at FUN, and I am sure my dealer watched the Bower's Sale. It is the prettiest Buffalo I have ever seen. He should do "very" well on this coin considering what he has invested in it.
  • Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    Congrats, Caitlin! What a terrific coin! Pictures????
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    wow the finest 36d!!!!!!!!!!!!! lookswise everyone in the know that saw it agrees!

i would like to see that coin in person!

sincerely michael
  • Options
    Here's the picture from the auction website.

• Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Now THAT is an AWESOME coin.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    Love that rose toning!!
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow what a coin. Congratulations.

Ken
  • Options
    Thanks for all the nice compliments and many thanks to MastaHanky for posing an image I appreciate it. The talk is that if there was ever a Buffalo Nickel that belongs in a 69 holder this was it. We'll have to wait and see.image and I will keep you posted. image. From what I've been told most of the Buffalo Nickles from the B+M auction were sold to dealers, thats right dealers, at record breaking prices.
    Did anyone else here win any Buffs from this collection? and if so let's see an image . Again many thanks and Take Care.

dbldie55

Did your dealer friend sell his 1913 ms 68 Buff?
  • Options
    Caitlan, last time I talked to him, he was on his way to work a deal for the coin. Have not heard if it did sell (which I am sure it did). Will find out tomorrow as he was due back in yesterday.
  • Options
    I won the 26-S *cough*yeah right*cough*.

Was Tom McCarroll present? I was wondering if he was bidding on any of those, on the off-chance that one of them may be nicer than his.
  • Options
    MastaHanky
    Yes he was there and won several bids on the big ticket items . Also I believe he was the underbidder on my 36d ms68 Buff.
  • Options
    McCarroll was the winner on the 1926-s
  • Options
    Caitlin,

I guess that my dealer sold the 1913T1 MS68 coin to Tom McCarroll, it appears he is working on another collection for a client (as he also purchased the 1926-S)
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!

First impression....deep dish and high relief! Congrats on a fine looking coin. looks even better than all of the lovely 38-D buffs that we do see.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Hey BuffNickJr, welcome to the forums! Stick around...we need more Buffalo nickel people to help us stem the ever-growing population of Mercury dime people!
  • Options
    Hi Carl
    Glad you posted and it's great to hear from other Buffalo Nickel collectors. So you were the under bidder of the 36d ms68, I was told by my favorite coin dealers Warren, Charlie and David from RCNH that if there ever was a coin that belongs in an ms-69 holder this Buff was the coin to make it .
    You picked up some very nice coins yourself at the auction and I hope to see them someday. I know I had my eye on that 14d ms67 and placed what I thought was a strong bid. Thanks for posting and stop in every now and then and give us a update on your Buff collection.
    PS
    Do you think you'll ever register your set?
  • Options
    TTTimage
    Buffalo Nickels are still HOT so I thouht I'd bring this thread up.image
  • Options
    Caitlin, glad you did...i missed this thread first time around!

That Buffalo is gorgeous...the kind of coin you always enjoy every time
    you get it out!

Ken
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    That '36-D makes me sick it's so beautiful.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Way Cool!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay