Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Tonelovers... A STUNNING proof 61 Frankie!!!!!

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
What colors on this Cameo GEM!!!!! Love the rainbows on the Obverse with some stunning shades of Green!!! The reverse is equally beautiful... In all of my hunting for Frankies all over the country, I haven't seen a Proof like this one! Top Notch Gem... These pictures were sent to me from Doops... A wonderful coin you own!!!!!!!!!!

imageimage

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    WOW! That is spectacular! DROOOLING.......
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    Thats a beautiful Frankie from here it looks to have a nice golden toning on the bottom edge of the bell.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    Now that's my type of Frankie! Wow! Careful showing these Lucy, I might start looking for them too!image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, that pretty toning lessens the blow of the ugliness of that series!imageimage
  • Options
    OgdenOgden Posts: 435
    Man, that reverse is stunning. Like the sun setting on top of the coin. Wow!

Thanks Lucy for sharing it.

Ogden
  • Options
    I love it!!

Brian.
  • Options
    Now I LIKE that tone!image
  • Options
    imageimage
    ANA Member R-213302
  • Options
    Alright....You "Toners" have finally done it to me. I've broken down and bought a couple of Butt Ugly Frankies just to see what all the hype is. I hope they look better when they get here!image

• Options
    Now that is one cool toned proof Frankie -- AWESOME!

Mike
    DE FALCO NUMISMATIC CONSULTING
    Visit Our Website @ www.numisvision.com
    Specializing in DMPL Dollars, MONSTER toners and other Premium Quality U.S. Coins

*** Visit Mike De Falco's NEW Coin Talk Blog! ***
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone say D-I-P? imageimage
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClausUrch

It's impossible to say for sure from the photographs but there are enough hints of color and texture in the pictures that I think you're going to be happy when you get them. Keep us in the loop.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Whats the green stuff coming out of the mouth? Is he sick?
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Claus, in my experience Toned mint state Frankies are very hard to photo or scan, I'll betcha that those 2 Frankies will look alot better in person. I have a very nice toned 49s ms66fbl, but when I scan it it looks terrible.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options

<< <i>in my experience Toned mint state Frankies are very hard to photo or scan >>

Nah image

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage >>

Way, way, way too much light used in the pics!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    hi hepkitty what a pitty that Franklin is ugly. image I'm just kidding thanx for the pic.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    doopsdoops Posts: 498

<< <i>What colors on this Cameo GEM!!!!! Love the rainbows on the Obverse with some stunning shades of Green!!! The reverse is equally beautiful... In all of my hunting for Frankies all over the country, I haven't seen a Proof like this one! Top Notch Gem... These pictures were sent to me from Doops... A wonderful coin you own!!!!!!!!!!

imageimage >>

i no longer possess this ultimate beauty, which in fact looks better by 10 than those scans or the pics lucybop, the proud new chickybaby owner of said marvel has just recently posted. that is major pup and we are so happy our franky chicky was in the first line running of deserved ownership of this irreplaceable un-out-do-able jewel........!
  • Options
    hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Now that's some awesome toning! Very nice.
    Mark
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    I like'em BLU image

• Options
    JRJR Posts: 476
    I like this one:

• Options
    JRJR Posts: 476
    And the reverse:

• Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭

<< <i>Whats the green stuff coming out of the mouth? Is he sick? >>

The coin belonged to PEPPERDOODLES, remember? Lucy, did he give you the coin for being the only one willing to be nice to him??

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to be rude. Please don't mess a good thread image
    Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file