Home U.S. Coin Forum

another new year

well, its now the year 2003image do you have any special coins you will be looking forimage

Comments

• FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Why yes, I do. At the next Long Beach show I'll be searching for a nice 18th-century coin to add to my type set.

Happy New Year!
    Matt
  • Happy New Year, everybody! image
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    it will be the year of halves for me. Half cent classic head and coronet. half dime draped bust

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • RWWRWW Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    A New Year...a new membership. I've been lurking for quite a while and figured it was time to join. Although new to this board I've been across the street for almost a year and re-started collecting about 4 years ago after a 15-20 year hiatus.

As for what I'm looking for: the odd Proof CAM/DCAM to plug holes in my '50-'64 collection, early high-grade Jeffersons, and various classic Commem's to fill the many holes that will take me lot of time and $ to finish...so, there's definitely no hurry image

Traveling Consultant
  • FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, RWW, and Happy New Year.
    Matt
  • ms71ms71 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. I'm surprised to see anybody from "across the street" - if you go over there, all they do is bash this place. Anyway, good to have you & pitch right in!
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! I recently purchase a 1861 Proof CAM Seated Liberty Dime. You say you need to fill holes from 1850 through 1864. Proofs prior to 1859 are EXPENSIVE. Not a whole lot of them saved because of the war. Which ones do you need? I do have a very nice 1882 Half in CAM. They are so much cheaper than their MS counterparts.

Tom
    Tom

• RWWRWW Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Tom -
    Sorry...that would be 1950 - 1964 image
    Traveling Consultant
  • RWW welcome to the boards. Classics the coins I will be looking for is any and all Kennedy's.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • RWW,
    Welcome to the forum! As for coins, going to get busy on my circulated Walker set, slabbed classic commemoratives, cheap modern commems. (I think many are undervalued) and the occasional Morgan when I can snipe a nice one. Also JFK proofs!image
    Joe
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. I'm surprised to see anybody from "across the street" - if you go over there, all they do is bash this place.

Most members of the NGC forum post here as well. There are some unique and informative threads in both forums.

Much of the criticism of this forum is warranted. And frankly, more bashing of this forum occurs here than there, but here it's drowned out in the "noise".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file