Home U.S. Coin Forum

1950p Frankie, what is the grade???

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an attractive coin that would be a great addition to any collection of Franklin Halfs... but wouldn't you rather have a 78 RPM of Stormy Weather by the 5 Sharps on Jubilee?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Wow, if only that mark wasn't on that lapel. I'd venture a guess at 66 or 67 FBL easily.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    That 78RPM you mention is the Holy Grail for vocal harmony collectors........ You have a clue sir.........image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank looks like a 65 with the appeal of a 67. 65 it is though.
  • I'm going to say MS66 FBL... image

Jim
    ANA Member R-213302
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acyually I do have a clue and thought that you would get a kick out of the comment. The sad thing is that there are so many other great records on Gotham, Chance, Federal and King to name just afew from the 1949 through 1954 time frame that have forgotten...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to tell if its FBL due to the flash glare, but I'll venture and say MS65FBL.........what colors are in the toning?
    imageimage

• 66 FBLimageimageimageimageimage
    LUCY your getting to be a little bit of a show offimage
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    This GEM is a MS65FBL. The selling price was $230, but I got it for $210 after I poured on the HepKitty charm...... Fairlaneman had it pegged! This coin is super nice and the few niks that you can see are hardly visable to the nekked eye.........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file