Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm goin ACG all the way...

DMPL Morgan

With this kind of service I'm gonna have one heck of a DMPL collection after resubmitals..
Got Morgan?

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Why does the title of that auction have NGC and PCGS in it?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    To get it to pop up on searches for pcgs the most popular morgan search wording
    Got Morgan?
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Yeah and the seller says it's undergraded too! You're gonna have to outbid me bub!!
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Any one care to guess why only money orders are accepted? I stay far away from anyone selling on EBAY who will accept only money orders or checks. The reason is perfectly clear. They dont have to make good on anything. Be careful out there. I can only wonder what PCGS and NGC have to do with it other that to confuse new collectors. HA!
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Gee, we all know that ACG undergrades its coins. That puppy might even be a MS-67 DMPL

at some of the lower tier graders like NGC and PCGS. Bid high and often.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    wizzedimage
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>Why does the title of that auction have NGC and PCGS in it? >>

As someone else replied, to get this coin to show up when someone searches for NGC or PCGS coins. This is considered key word spamming by eBay and is against their listing policies. If someone reports this auction to them, they will end it.

As far as the ACG slug, looking at this guy's feedback, he is about to learn a very costly lesson. Seems he bought lots of coins from the major ACG sellers on eBay.
  • Options

<< <i>Seems he bought lots of coins from the major ACG sellers on eBay. >>

And, last May, he sold something to compucheap!! You getting into ACG coins, Russ??image

Pete
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm It seems interesting that only the same three bidders are interested in all of his listings.

Chris
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Why does the title of that auction have NGC and PCGS in it?

What's the difference? They are all selling the same thing; their smelly opinion shrouded in cheap, stinky plastic. They all should disappear.
  • Options
    Hey NumisEd, Can we count on your contributions when PCGS is gone? Someone has to pay for this board!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    The pictures in the auction are grey-scale, totally washed out, with some brightness/contrast tweakage. That coin's not gonna look anything like that in person.
    NMFB ™

• Options
    I think I cleaned that coin once with an eraser image
  • Options
    "Riddle me this, Riddle me that, a New Troll has awakened........
    NumisEd shall be cast to the Island of the Forsaken."
  • Options
    Riddler,

That's an interesting first post.
    NMFB ™

• Options
    You guys crack me up - this is the best time I've had ending an old year since Guy Lombardo disappeared. Happy New Year!

• Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Hey NumisEd, Can we count on your contributions when PCGS is gone? Someone has to pay for this board!

"No". Besides, you are the "wallstreetman". Perhaps you should fund the next public forum with all of your riches. Seriously though, I do appreciate Collectors Universe for the public services that they provide. I also think that their PCGS products DO have a place in our hobby. The problem that I have is with the wannabe "collectors" who play games with the services, such as sending in the same $20 Franklin half 18 times in the hopes of getting an MS-66 FBL. Foolish! Along that same line, how can a coin be sent in a come back as an MS-62, 63, 64 and 65....all within months of each other. It happens. I don't blame PCGS. In fact, I have changed the grades on my coins upon subsequent reviews. They are only human. I also think that PCGS numismatists/graders are highly talented and the best of the best. Again, it's the investors/speculators posing as "collectors" who are the real problem. I guess that stocks are doing so poorly on Wall Street that those guys are creeping into our hobby.

• Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    "Riddle me this, Riddle me that, a New Troll has awakened........

Bite me here, bite me there,
    For your amateur peotry I do not care!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    NumisEd - What you said is not true, I only sent the coin in 15 times.image

Happy new year to you and yours. Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    I agree with numised. The wallstreeters are moving into coins. Many sellers will take advantage of this situation. Sell to them high then when the markets turn around, buy back from them cheap. Isn't that how the game is suppose to be played? It certainly explains why the Morgans are rising so fast!
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file