Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

what are your favoite coins in your collection?

my favorie coins in my collection are a 1892 s barber half in p.c.g.s. m.s. 66, an 1884 seated quarter in p.c.g.s. m.s. 66 an 1892 barber quarter in p.c.g.s. 65 and an 1899 barber quarter in p.c.g.s. 65 all of which have full luster and original toning. please share your favorites.
The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.

Comments

• Options
    My favorite coins are my 1941 DDO Lincoln MS-65 Red and my 1861 Double Eagle XF-45.

Ogden
  • Options
    AU-58 $10 Indian
  • Options
    My 78/80/80 rev 78/81-85-CC GSA dollars, still in pristine holders with paperwork !!!
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    My favorite coin is my 56prDCAM Frankie that I made from a raw coin. My second favorite is my 50p Frankie that I submitted and it only made a ms63FBL. This coin is as nice as any ms65 that I own, Brilliant and clean.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmm! Can you guess? image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My early dollars (1795 Flowing Hair and 1798 Bust Dollar) are my favorites for historical reasons. Also near the top of the list would be my 1875-CC Double Eagle, 1845-D Half Eagle, 1939-C Quarter Eagle and my toned Franklins.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    This is my current favorite coin. mdwoods

National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    I have quite a few coins I enjoy owning but the nod goes to my Canadian Commemoratives.
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Color, color, color! image
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    An old worn down 1912 penny. It's raw not in a holder and i handle it every day while reading the forum posts. Numismatically it's worth nothing. But for other reasons it is priceless.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    My 43 D ms-67 fsb Merc. and probably my favorite is a very common coin, a 38 ms-67 Buff. with just a hint of rose toning.
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today its the coin I am using for my icon. I am really fond of mini Morgans.image

Can anyone guess the date?
  • Options
    hmmm - 1878? image
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nopeimage
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too hard to have a favorite, but this is one of them. Parting with it, if it ever comes to that, will be such bitter sorrow!

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    A 1879-s ms65 DMPL morgan. Pretty common date, but man it's frosty cameo'd and I just get lost in her eyes.. *drool* .. . err I mean it's purty.
    Got Morgan?
  • Options
    1841 O L/S Quarter Ex: Eliasberg
    1883 S $10 gold Ex: Bass

Buster

Specializing in Early Bust Quarters by die variety and Three Dollar Gold Pieces
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    The p8 1925 California Diamond Jubilee Commem.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The color in this one keeps me liking it the most.
    Larry

• Options
    araara Posts: 130
    favorite classic and favorite modern ...

imageimage
    aka trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    gold - the barbarous relic!
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1888 gold dollar PCGS MS66.
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    My poltergeist Kennedy half:

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, my real favorite would be one of my PCGS PR67CAM Accented Hairs; the one I made myself.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A toughie:

73-CC trade dollar in MS65 that I never thought I'd see?
    74-CC chopmark in gem brilliant uncirculated?
    My icon?

My new addition? Probably, except it's not a trade dollar! image
  • Options
    TDN,

We're talking about real coins, not the fantasy stuff that exist only in the minds of a few deluded people...

EVP

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    A raw 1796 Lib.Cap 1c.I think it would grade PCGS MS04-06,NGC G4-6,ANACS G 4-6,PCI VG8,ACG AU50.image
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Right now I have a fondness for the buffalo nickel I am using for my icon, common date 37-d in 66+, wonderful surfaces.

• Options
    I like 'em all but my current favorite is a 1943 walking liberty half pcgs ms64. Usually my latest acquisition is my favorite coin.
    I'm trying to become the person my dog thinks I am
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ssssssss...we LOVES our precious icon, we does...our precious....yessssssssssssss....
  • Options
    Behave, Smeagol, or Master will be angry!

• Options
    Gotta say my Trade Dollars and all me Seated inventory.

Happy New Year Yall

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    Could be different tomorrow, but these are my top three today. They aren't rare or spectacular; they're just my favorites.

A toned Merc: Obverse, Reverse
    An album toned Half Dime: Obverse, Reverse
    And a dark Arrows & Rays quarter: Obverse, Reverse

BC
    Dip Happens...image
  • Options
    I have always been partial to this old Bustie I picked up a number of years ago.

• Options
    RR,

Here's my Bustie. It's 1809 O-109 III Edge, ex-Logan.

EVP

• Options
    For today this is my favorite coin in my collection. NGC MS65 1888O.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Frank
  • Options
    my favorite for now and always (as i will pass it on to my sister in about 20 years) is the reverse of the 53-O andre dawson half.
    i'll make it my icon as soon as i can.
    Life's a journey, not a destination.
  • Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is my 1847-D half eagle. My Icon coin
  • Options
    MY RAW PR69DCAM 1950 FIRST STRUCK FRANKLIN IN A MINT PRESENTATION OLD WAYTE STYLE MINT ISSUED HOLDER OF NEW PROOF STRIKES RESUMING I ACQUIRED IN 1985 FOR 400 BUX THAT'S IN MY COLLECTION TO BE FLEW OUT AND WALKED THROUGH WITH MY ENTIRE RAW SET OF THE ABSOLUTE BEST CAMEOS 50-70 IN EXISTANCE TO BE AUCTIONED BY HERITGE IN 2006 OR 7 WHEN WE RETIRE. TODAYS PRE-ESTIMATE ON THAT ONE COIN 250-300K+
  • Options
    Wouldn't you rather sell that Frankie to Lucy for say $500! He'll have a good loving home! He's more then a coin in my house Daddy-o!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1955 1c DDO PCGS MS-65R.
    1945-P 10c NGC MS-67FB
    1872 aluminum $20 Judd-1254 PR65.

Next week it will be some of my other dimes.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>Wouldn't you rather sell that Frankie to Lucy for say $500! He'll have a good loving home! He's more then a coin in my house Daddy-o! >>

YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOMED TO BID. IT'LL BE A BLOODBATH AMONGST RICK AND ONE OR 2 OTHERS TO NAB IT THOUGH.
  • Options
    But those squares won't treat Frankie as good as Lucy will! Would you sell a little puppy to a bad owner who would beat it?????
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options

<< <i>But those squares won't treat Frankie as good as Lucy will! Would you sell a little puppy to a bad owner who would beat it????? >>

THAT'S A CAMEO DEALER'S BEING THE END-USER DREAM COIN. NO COLLECTOR OR "INVESTOR" WOULD GET ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT THEY WILL FOR IT. THEY'LL JUST WANT ...."TO OWN IT"...AND WILL PAY OUT THE GAZOO FOR IT...
    KIND OF LIKE LEO PAYING ONE AND A Q FOR A 10K TOPS COIN. OK,HE JUST "HAD TO HAVE IT". AND THAT'S COOL IF IT TRIPPED HIS TRIGGER I SAY PUSH THE BUTTON MAN...HOWEVER I STILL STAND BEHIND MY ORIGINAL ASSESSMENT OF THAT SELF BURIAL AS I DID ON COIN NET PREDICTING BACK BEFORE IT SOLD FOR COSMIC MONEY ONCE IT WAS KNOWN TO BE "AVAILABLE". I PREDICTED IT'S TRUE VALUE AT 10K AND EVEN MOST THOGUHT I WAS OVER BY 3 OR 4 THEN AND I ALSO PREDICTED WHAT SOME "GOTTA HAVE IT" FRANK NUT WOULD ACTUALLY PAY. I SAID THEN THE 10G COIN COULD ACTUALLY GO FOR 25-30G+.THAT EVEN IN AN "EXCITED" AUCTION ATMOSPHERE SHOULD ONLY GO FOR 12,500 TO 15G TOPS MAX,CEILING LIMIT. MOST FELT IT WAS A PUSHED UNREAL AUCTION IN PRIVATE TREATY FOR SOME 10K THINKING THEY WERE LOOKING FOR A NEXT YEARS 25-30K TAG ON IT. IN 2 OR 3 YRS FROM NOW WHEN THERES ONLY EVEN ONE MORE OR MAYBE EVEN 2,3,4 OR 5 MORE. THEY'RE ALL WORTH 5,6,7G MAX. + THE COLOR FACTOR ADD A G OR SO DEPENDING.
  • Options
    wow, how much is your entire franklin/kennedy proof cameo collection wirth? maybe you could addopt me if the doctor who just completed his finest known barber half set with every date and mint mark in 66 or better doesn't addopt me lol!!!
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    lets see, today its my newest an 1803 half cent. check again next moth and it will be something elseimage

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    My favorite is an 1882 Morgan. I received it as a reward for honesty. Someone had sent me a very expensive gold coin by accident. I had recently purchased a inexpensive coin from them and they put my name and address on the gold coin by mistake. I wrote to them and sent it back. The Morgan is blast white and almost proof like with"s" mint mark. I loved the coin so much I decided to get an 1882 in each mint mark to go with it. GEESHHHH forget that...have you noticed the price on Morgans lately? It is sky rocketing, especially CC. I guess I'll continue to treasure the one I have, and be saitsfied with that!
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    If we are going strictly on the way a coin looks I have to go with my 1923 Merc dime. I love the way the date looks on the coin. It has the open 9 (found on early dates) and a flat top 3 (the only coin in the series with the flat top 3).

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Favorite Coin

My 1995 Lincoln cent in Proof 69 D Cameo as I paid 20 dollars for it

I could have outbid the 11 year old girl at $3,000 for the Proof 70 D Cameo 1995 but decided I REALLY like my Proof 69 D Cameo better

Stewart
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew:

Your quote:

<< <i>........11 year old girl at $3,000 for the Proof 70 D Cameo 1995..... >>

Now, I hope you were kidding re: a 11 year old girl was spending $3k on a single coin?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Besides all my Kennedy's. I would have to say my 1996 PCGS MS-69 ASE.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file