Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One of the Goofier Ebay Auctions I've Seen

Ebay Link

I see. Its the old 'I can't afford carbon dating' excuse for posting a $4 copy with a starting bid of $50,000. That makes sense.

On the other hand, there is a 100% money back guarantee.
Singapore

Comments

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    At least he offers this: if you can afford to have it authenticatly, and are not happy, and I feel this is the same coin I sold you, have many pics, will refund your money 100%
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>if you can afford to have it authenticatly, and are not happy, and I feel this is the same coin I sold you >>

He did leave himself an out, though.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I have a hard time understanding how you carbon date something made of silver.

Singapore
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I'm not the smartest guy in the world either and prefer to purchase my $50,000 fakes from 6 feedback sellers.
    You really don't date the carbon you date the black crud that's all over the thing.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the smartest guy in the world either and prefer to purchase my $50,000 fakes from 6 feedback sellers.

I assume you mean prefer NOT too???? Nary a neg. feedback - give it a shot.

Looks like it came from spark erosion dies. We should create a forum account and bid on coins like this, just to get guys like this neg'd off ebay.....what do you think?? Dog97 - can we use your VISA #??image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

The brave souls are the one who left him feedback already because those were high ticket items without pictures from a less than 6 seller.

He's not as dumb as you think. True, he's clueless on what he has, but he's smart enough to know that if listed $50,000 coin for $1 some sharpie would come along and take him for a nice chunk of change.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file