Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where's Whackjob Inc. when you need him?

As a serious collector of proof error coins, I can't believe ol' KingCon never happened upon this jewel.

The complexity of this die crack is mind-blowing! This example has a crack on the reverse that looks remarkably like the outline of the State of Ohio!!! The crack doesn't extend through the devices... so the die must've been pulled before it cracked all the way around (at least, no examples are known). I've heard of other state quarters with similar errors.

Marty, do you want first dibs on this one? image

NMFB ™

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I have one of those (silver) rattling around in my pocket! I'm rich!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i> Hey, I have one of those (silver) rattling around in my pocket! I'm rich! >>

Whoa! Russ, keep it quiet. Let's not flood the market just yet... gotta sell one or two for $999,999.99 first.
    NMFB ™

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    He (KINCOIN) is busy removing the gold plating from SBA's. He told me himself on the NGC forums.........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    ROTFLMAO!!

I sent the whackjob an E-Mail, with the link to this ultra rare error!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    that one's called the "spaceman assassination" variety. it shows the path of the magic bullet thru the spaceman's head.

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    The whackjob responds. He dropped me an E-Mail... Thought I'd share.

<< <i>Marty,
    Wait till the boys & girls on the boards see my new OHIO STATE QUARTER. It
    is Alan Shepard. The pissing astronaut. I am calling it the "PISSING
    ASTRONAUT." Remember when he just couldn't hold it any longer sitting on that
    launch pad? Well, this crack shows it running down his leg and out of his
    boot.

Pat >>

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    People , as a national expert on cracks, crackerjacks, crackpots and crackups, I can tell you

that the coin in question, is worth at most, $ 300,000 on the open market. Not a cent more.image

This is clearly the funniest thread of the day.....Well done.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Sorry Clark, I'm holding out for the urinating astronaut version. Amazing how he can draw what looks like the state of Ohio. Musta had a lot of beers. image
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Is that what it looks like when you pee in space?
  • Options
    You know... I thought I was being pretty funny when I made this post, but your responses have got me cracking up! image
    NMFB ™

• Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I thought the last extended "invite" created enough hassle. I guess you guys are bored and find "trolling" entertaining, but the great majority find it distasteful. But,

... to each his own. Just remember, when you lie with dogs, you're bound to get fleas.
    Gilbert
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>when you lie with dogs, you're bound to get fleas. >>

GASP! I hope Bulldog and Dog97, FC57coins, TWODOGGS, doesn't see this........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    behave Lucille! image
    Gilbert
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Gilbert - Lucille is more fun when she doesnt behaveimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Gilbert,

I don't really understand your post to this thread.

Are you calling me a troll? Or, the others who responded?
    Does it bother you that we dared to have a little light-hearted fun in the midst of all the crap that's been posted in the last couple of days? Heck, I'll bet even ol' KINCOIN got a kick out of it.
    What's this

<< <i>last extended "invite" >>

you mention? Are you referring to the thread where one member accused another of inviting doops to the forums?
    Are you insinuating that all of those who responded to this thread are laying down with dogs?
    If your answer to the previous question was, "Yes", does that make me the dog? With fleas, no less?

Maybe you just accidently posted to the wrong thread?
    If not... I'd say you're guilty of doing a little "trolling", yourself.

p.s.
    You might want to go get a flea bath.
    NMFB ™

• Options
    Me Bulldog, Me no Fleas!

Yikes Gilbert, Lighten up Dude. I had far more respect for your sensitive side!

Flealess Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    Actually KinCoin got a big kick out of it. I E-Mail hine the link to the thread, that is his response I posted. I don't think Clark is a troll, maybe the troller, he was trolling for trolls. image

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am calling it the "PISSING ASTRONAUT." Well, this crack shows it running down his leg and out of his

LOL I'm not buying it or the coin. There's little gravity on the moon.

Leo image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file