Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

86 FLEER bulk submission - Newbie

Glad to see other enthusiasts sharing the passion. I'm about 1 year back
in the game, and haven't collected since 1990 (started '85). Wow has it changed!
I still had Dwight Gooden in hard plastic!
Anyways, I have a ton of 86/87 Fleer Basketball that I opened in '89 and
I have plucked only the finest of the bunch. Roughly, there are about 200
and some change that I would like to send in to PSA under their Set Registry
deal.
Should I send them all in at once together and not bother w/mult s&h?

Or do I have a better shot at not getting porked by splitting the order?

A very Hi % of them should grade 9 or 10 but I thought that some 8 caliber
cards thrown in would help them out in proving that. Any feed back is greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!!

Oh Yeah, I also want to send in a bulk of 78 Basktball diamonds, any experience with the
vintage hoops?

Comments

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Welcome to the board! Generally I prefer to send in all my cards at once...it certainly saves on shipping expenses. I don't think the mix of cards affects the grading. I recently sent in a set of 88 non-sports cards and got 1 "10", 36 "9"'s and the rest "8"s.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options

Welcome to the board !!

Before sending them in,I would check the population reports on 86's and send in the lower pops first.There is a ton of that stuff out there.If you have an upgraded membership to PSA,this service is free.If not,you can purchase it month by month or check with somebody that is a member and maybe they will hook you up. You might also go to the set registry for 86's and e-mail a few of the guys and get their advice as to which cards are toughest.You will get about 50/50 split with the people on the board as to which way is the best to go.

By the way, COOL NAME
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    MAUIWAUI....

I'm with Tipem...However you might want to submit mulitples of the same low pop cards.
    Seems like when I do this, it gives the grader a better view of a high and low. Might just snag a whale!

Good luck and "Welcome to the Registry Board".

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Welcome and good luck.

Carlos
  • Options
    Some info.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • Options
    Brucemo - Awesome write up... the best I've ever seen on any set...
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Brucemo,

That is the most informative and analytical analysis I think I have ever read about a particular set. Have you done any research to see if BGS cards hold true to the graphs. Considering that BGS breaks down the grading to include edges you may find some even greater evidence there if the splits were available to be seen. Just thinking out loud.

Luke
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    Bruce,

That is great. I'd love to see those charts for every set - especially '60s and '70s baseball. I wonder if the results would be similar or if the age of the cards has more of an effect than sheet location. If you have some time this weekend, can you get on that? image

JEB.
  • Options
    Hey Guys, Thanks for all the info and the welcome.
    BRUCE you animal!! Rock ON!! That's some sick write ups that you have on your site.
    That really sheds new light on exactly why High grade commons carry the higher
    premiums. Collecting Scientifically! I guess when you've come this far, it's all about
    strategy. COOOL!!
    I think I'm set on sending the order in all at once and getting it over with. I already
    have a majority of the base set already in PSA 9 (couple 8's). I hope this shipment will complete
    it. Though I might come up short on a couple cards (like the tough Checklist) I should
    be damn close!! It will be complete, maybe a few 8's.
    Will probably unload the 8's and 10's on Ebay to get some return. The fever's gettin HIGH!
    Cross my fingers and hope for DIMES!!

Bill