Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Help with FSB Mercury dime discussion?

Gentlemen and ladies,

This morning, on the U.S. Coin Forum, I started a thread about FSB Mercury dimes, aimed at providing some basic information. Below, I have listed a link to that thread. I am certain that many forum members would be greatly appreciative of any insights / informatioin that any of you would care to contribute.

Thank you in advance for any assiatance.

FSB Mercury dime thread

Comments

• DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Replied to the original post and copied here...

..., it is the middle bands (not the top or bottom ones) in the center of the faces, that are being discussed. I don't know of any significance that is typically placed on the others.

I might be missing something. I quickly glanced at the replies before typing this. I thought all three (3) bands had to have a defined split before being considered FSB. Has something changed in the grading procedure?
    Dan
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    DAM, a few months back I posted comments to this board about only the middle band being used to determine the designation, because there was the misconception that all three had to be split. As far as I know it has always been the middle band only. BTW, Mark great thread.
  • DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Guess I missed that post Mike. image

Any misconception about which bands were used to determine FSB certainly flourished with me. image

Hmmm! Make mental note, pay closer attention to Forums. Much knowledge gained from reading posts.
    Dan