Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1957 Topps Common Record?

$891!! He's not from the scarce series. He's not a Yankee or a Dodger. The population is 18. He's not even sweet Lou!

1957 Lou Kretlow PSA 8

Same guy paid $760 for a mid series 1957 Topps common last week. Might have to change my tag line.
Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!

Comments

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    I don't collect 57 Topps so I don't know if that a record for a PSA 8 common but it could be.
    I just want to know why two guys would be welling to pay all most $900 for a common card
    that has a POP of 18? I wish I had the some of that money those two have to throw away?
  • Options
    Mantlefan.....

I don't know...The buyer has a (1) feedback and has been an eBayer for only 25 days?........

If I were the seller, I wouldn't call for the armored truck yet...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Larry,

I know the (1) feedback doesn't look good at first. But check out his (1) feedback: Buyer's Feedback. It's for another '57 common that went for $760.

Don't always judge a buyer by low feedback. I recently had a high bidder on an auction for a card that went for about $100 who had a feedback of (0). I received a money order within 3 days. A much better transaction than some buyers I've had with feedback well over 1000. Everyone who reads this once had a feedback of (0) on ebay. You've got to start sometime.

JEB.
  • Options
    If he keeps paying an average of $825/PSA 8 1957 Topps common, he'll have the most expensive set in history. I'll also start grading every 57 Topps card I have in the remote hope of getting a few to sell this guy.
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • Options
    Just for the fun of it, I checked the completed items to see if this guy had won anything else. It turns out he has won 5 1957 Topps commons this month for a total of $2653!!!! Yikes!
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • Options
    Deep pockets...we can all dream!

Mark
  • Options
    The highest ever paid for a 1957 Topps common is somewhere in the $1,200 range for Andy Carey # 290. Don't let Kretlow's pop fool you...it is one of the toughest cards in the set.

Carlo
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    both underbidders know their stuff...
    Money is your ticket to freedom.