Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

John Voege Merc Registry Set.

Hey we have a New Set in the Registry that ended up at #9. Took a look and was suprised to see a whole bunch of AU55 and AU58 dimes. This guy must have some real patience as some of those AU coins are much harder to find than MS coins. I believe he has 6 Pop 1 coins for thier grade. Cool Set IMO.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Ken, Actually I bought a bunch of those from Coast to Coast and one of the other big names in Coin World years ago. All were suppose to be premium quality BU. I finally submitted them recently. Shows you how their grading compares. Price wise I got what I paid for, only 3 out of about forty were body bagged and none (even thank god) including the 16-d were fake. I'm looking forward to upgrading now, although it's a big hill to climb. I'm surprised that that many AU's and I still crept into the top 10. Still working on my proof mercs too. Currently tied at #2.
    Merc collector.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,
    I can't get anyone to use thier turn signals around here.
    I go up on and down two. This is going to be an interesting upcomming year. I will be upgrading one and adding one new dime on Sunday. What that will do to my set, only time will tell.

Happy New Year to all
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Welcome, John.

I was #11 for a little while! LOL

Good to see a new set added to the group...even if it's ahead of mine! image

Again, welcome aboard.

Don

Winged Liberty, and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Dimetime!!

You knocked me back one, but that's OK. I'm still up & comming, and still on the front page, barely!!! I have a bunch of raw dimes (30-40) that I bought as gems, similar story, so I understand. I figure only 8-10 will make MS. I need to send them in and find out how my grading skills are maturing!

Ditto what Ken said!

Let me know when you upgrade, I could live with several of the ones you have!!!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John,

Welcome to the group. I was also amazed to see that you have so many early dates in AU55-58, especially the '16-D! I wasn't surprised to hear that they came from Coast to Coast; their prices for "premium quality BU" coins are usually too good to be true. I'm glad only a few of your coins were bodybagged, and that you feel that you got what you paid for. You have a very nice set, and it should remain highly ranked. There are at least 10 coins that you should be able to add without a huge outlay of cash.

Add mine to the list of sets that got bumped. I'm now #10, but hope to have some additions in a couple of weeks.

The number of Merc sets has grown tremendously this year. I registered my set on January 21, and debuted at #14. After dozens of additions and upgrades, I feel like I'm just treading water. This is a very competitive and active group!

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!