Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Is North Korea and Iraq conspiring (to keep my set incomplete)?

@*&$# set! Anybody out there want to ease my pain? Or are my suspicions correct in assuming that both North Korea and Iraq are conspiring against me? North Korea doesn't have the money but they probably came up with the idea and suggested that Saddam buy up all the 1960 MS-67 PCGS coins on the market.

What is with these guys?

Any loyal Americans out there that can help?
U.S. coin collector since 1943. Have tried desperatly to keep every coin that has come to hand, but unfortunately, some got away.

Comments

• Options
    No, George Bush and Dick Cheney have hidden the coin in Iraqi desert in the guise that you will join the army to try and dig it up.

TRUTH
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Shhh! Don't say that. Lord M will go enlist if he can take his metal detector with him.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    What coin are you missing?

And if you're in the military, yes North Korea and Iraq are conspiring against you (to keep your set incomplete.)

David
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I had the same thoughts. With all the unrest in those countries, it's driving down the price of my equities, making it harder to raise money for registry coins. It's hard to belive that the registry is affecting world politics this way.....Dave...can you help??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I think North Korea plans to irradiate every nice coin you still need. That is why they are re-starting the Yongbyong plant. And they kicked out the "IAEA Inspectors" because they know they are your spies that will attempt to snatch a coin and replace it with one in an AKG (Anti-Korean-Group) slab.

Iraq listed where you can find your coin in their 12,000 page report... but that page blew away when they were bringing the report to New York.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    LincolnCentMan,

I need a 1960 Roosevelt MS67 PCGS or higher. Last one in the set.

Got one?

Rgds
    Jan
    U.S. coin collector since 1943. Have tried desperatly to keep every coin that has come to hand, but unfortunately, some got away.
  • Options
    Lakesammman

I've got a MS FE that not in any of the books. Looks like Mr. Longacre tried to convert this one into a Frankenstein!
  • Options
    Brian,

Now you've let the cat out of the bag. And you thought all those old coin collectors out there that glow in the dark were wearing that new lipstick?

Actually, Saddam is a coin collector. He just doesn't know what a coin is.

Rgds
    Jan
  • Options
    Relayer,

Nice type set!

Just for a joke I listed one coin in the Dahlonega section. Check it out if you get the chance.

http://www.pcgs.com/new_set_registry/display_coins.chtml?regsetid=4031&rank=4&alltime=yes

Rgds

Jan
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dingodog:

I can't speak to the role North Korea and/or Iraq might be playing, but when I read what set you are completing, the thought struck me that that's a nifty set. Is there any reason for starting in 1946, say, it's the year in which you were born?

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I need a 1960 Roosevelt MS67 PCGS or higher. Last one in the set.

No, but I placed a bid on one about a year ago; didnt get it :/. Sorry.

David
  • Options
    Mark,

The reason for a '46 - '64 set of Roosevelts is that 1946 was the first year of issue for the Roosevelt dime, and 1964 was the last year the silver dime was struck, so it is a commonly recognized series. Pres. Roosevelt had just died after serving part of his fourth/fifth (?) term - the longest serving president in our history, and the nation wanted to commemorate him so the Mercury dime was replaced. You would think the series would be easy to complete, and it is in lower grades, but at MS67 (PCGS) it gets difficult and above that impossible!

I was born in 1937, but I have to admit, I didn't do much before 1946 (although I did start coin collecting in 1943).

Rgds
    Jan
  • Options
    David,
    I bid on one about a year ago also. I was "snipped" at the last instant, and have been kicking myself since.
    If you see another, please let me know. Thanks!
    Rgds
    Jan
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dingo: There are at least 30 of the 1960 date in 67 so they should not be impossible to find. I also understand the collectors are holding tight onto them waiting for further price appreciation. I know of one myself but it is locked up real tight.

By the way, did you also put the 1964 sms MS-67 dime MS-67 in your set?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Oreville,

Hi! Thanks for the comments. No, I don't have a 1964 SMS PCGS MS67 but am looking. It seems to me that it was originally listed in the PCGS '46-'64 Roosevelt set along with the '64-D DDO, of which I have an MS64 PCGS. Of three 1964-D DDO coins graded "Mint State" by PCGS, this is one of two MS64's, and there is one higher (MS65) DDR, but dog-none-it, the Registry doesn't list that coin now!

I know the '60 MS67's are out there but I haven't been able to shag one. I'm trying and over-paying, just in case you know of one.

I do have an 1821 small date dime in MS64, tied for finest known and one of only four PCGS/NGC MS (I may be out of date - haven't looked lately). It's a beautiful coin - electric blue. Dustin (Heritage) was carrying it around his office with both hands to his breast, moaning and groaning over it, but he told me it was to rare to have a value. Maybe I should start a registry set with that one also, just for kicks - heck they might even award one point for it although my one coin Dahlonega set is 4th finest known!

An old friend has a 1795 half in EF. He paid $0.50 for it in the '30's!

Rgds
    Jan