Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

For PRO, this is the perfect card for them to grade!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16271&item=1985590390

At least we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the thing's trimmed!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Red Man Mays

Whoops, sorry. I got a little lazy there. Too many Christmas "cookies".
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Redheart,

I saw that this morning. I got to believe that if the seller includes a Psa 8 1971 Topps common
    and you can get this for under $10, you got yourself a great deal!

Actually, a Mays without the tab is worth about $50. But this piece of poo has been trimmed
    at least on the top, bottom, and the right. I'm getting sea sick just looking at the waves.

aconte

• Options
    Aconte,

I've got a redman for ya if you need it..52 pierce with the tab real nice..ungraded though..

Email me at rmorse@accn.org and I'll send you a scan..

Matt
  • Options
    Tony,

All set!!!

Matt
  • Options
    The only thing missing from that auction is a poorly cropped scan, cut off at the point where the tab should be. Or maybe they should have opened up the SMR and lay it over the missing tab area to show you the price of a PSA 9. And of course also pointing out that a 9.5 grade would be worth even more.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone believe this card is now at $100?

I don't get it. There is a Psa 5 1952 red man on ebay right now that is only at $100.
    Maybe sending that to Pro and getting a 9.0 is the way to go.

Psa 5 52 Mays

I've been critical of Pro but maybe it is just as much the buyers fault. I'm wondering if it
    would be a good idea to send tabless cards to them.

aconte
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    The tabless cards aren't worthless as we've seen, so there may be a market for graded, tabless Redmans. However, I think PRO is negligible here because nowhere on the label does it say "No tab". It's impossible to tell if the buyer is ignorant or simply wants the card anyway. But hey, it's PRO. Nothing they do surprises me anymore. Brucemo's experiment on the other forum proved once and for all that they are corrupt.
  • Options
    It's been discussed on here before, but I see nothing wrong with grading Red Mans with no tabs. As long as it is clearly identified on the holder in a negative way, and treated like a separate and distinct issue, meaning you couldn't register a tabless card in a tab set. You are allowed to have the one trimmed bottom edge, and then the card is graded like any other card. Half of the Red Mans you see have the tabs removed. Some people collect them with the tab removed. If they collect them raw, they should be able to collect them graded. The cards were issued with tabs that were meant to be cut off. The best comparison are Zeenut cards. Because of their scarcity, it is common for Zeenut collectors to not expect tabs. Red Mans are of course easier to find, but there are still people who collect them without tabs.