Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Card Verification tool

I've been fiddling around with Visual Basic the past couple of days and decided to make a little program that would allow a user to type in a serial number and have it retrieved from the PSA database. Its about 36kb unzipped and is a very simple program. I hope yall find it useful. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement image

PSA Card Verification Tool (10.7kb zipped, 36.0kb unzipped)

The above file is guaranteed with no viruses, since I wrote it myself image
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM

Comments

• Options
    Pretty cool little program. Seems to work fine.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Add another field to return the card's number.
    2. Have an option to make it "always on top" - this would make it a great ebay tool. You could put it in one corner of the screen and not have to go back and forth between PSA and Ebay when searching - I hate having to do this.

Thanks.

JEB.
  • Options
    JEB,

The PSA verification database doesn't show the card number, so I have no way of putting it into a field.

The Always on Top option has been included. Its ready for download.

PSA Serial Verification Tool

Thanks for the feedback!

Justin

NAXCOM
  • Options
    Justin,

Thanks. It works great. I will be using it frequently.

As far as the card #s, the reason I requested it is because PSA's database doesn't include it. Sometimes I see an auction that doesn't list the card # and I keep track of the cards I have numerically. It would save a search through my own database. Maybe PSA could be persuaded to add it to their database.

Thanks again.

JEB.

• Options
    What a slick little program! My compliments Justin.image
    Stan Musial topped the .300 mark 17 times and won seven National League batting titles. A three-time MVP, he played in 24 All-Star Games. Probably, the greatest player who is overlooked and underappreciated.
  • Options
    Just found and fixed a bug. It wasn't grabbing enough characters when the card was a 10. It should be fixed now, the new version is v1.3.1.

Download

NAXCOM