Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Top Vintage Sportscard Buyer of 2002

I was going to make this a top ten list, but felt it would be more appropriate to honor the single buyer who affected prices changed the buying pattern of many on ebay. My nomination goes to:

rockets_lover

He won only four of my ebay auctions, but everyone I spoke to said the same thing. The rockets_lover for a short period, bought everything in sight, paid top dollar, and paid immediately with Paypal. Although his tenure on ebay was short-lived, the rockets_lover single handedly affected change to the way we purchased vintage cards. He caused all buyers who wanted vintage card to pony up more money for the cards that we wanted. (In some cases, he caused buyers to avoid auctions with his name.) Because of the rockets-lover, all the big dealers put up their top cards, so we got to see some of the best cards for sale, albeit at ridiculous buy-it-now prices.

Comments

• Options
    Koby,

I think it's great that a number of dealers made some quick cash from rockets_lover but I would think that there are so many other great sportscard buyers out there that will pay fair prices and are consistent in their purchases that they would make better choices. I don't see that rockets_lover changed the card prices for the industry or even individual sets. He just put some dollars in some dealers pockets by drastically overpaying. If that's what makes for a great buyer then so be it. But in my business my great customers are ones that buy from me year in and year out and are good people to work with. That's what I look for.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football