Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Free Listing day on EBAY

I just got an email and tomorrow is free listing day!!!!!

Get those cards listed.

Comments

• thanks for the post! I can't understand why they wait till last minute . . . bs. . . thanks for warning - i will be listing lots and lots of Fixed Price Football Listings! Yahoo!!!!

KKBB

• << <i>thanks for the post! I can't understand why they wait till last minute . . . bs. . . thanks for warning - i will be listing lots and lots of Fixed Price Football Listings! Yahoo!!!!

KKBB >>

Simple reasons:

1) They don't want to get overburdened with listings being scheduled way in advance - for just myself, I want to get 3000-4000 items up tomorrow.

2) Isn't it nice - all those FVFs for all the free items going into the books on 1/2/03, nice start to the new quarter...
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how to do a test post? I've heard you can type up your auction, store it and then post it at a later time. I see the auction lister service where they charge you to list at a later time but there's supposedly a test post feature on eBay that doesn't cost you anything but I can't seem to find it.
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    You can download the Mr.Lister program and use it for free and do it that way.It's almost like what your asking for exept you have to launch the auction manually.
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I really wish eBay would offer a seller "filter" on searches. I even suggested this to eBay and never heard back from them. This free listing day pollutes eBay with sellers who are too lazy or unprepared to put up a scan or they are "market testers" seeing if they can reel in the "big one" since they don't have a thing to lose with free listing fees. Reviewing their auctions is a complete waste of my time.
  • I can think of one person I'd like to weed out - I don't mind too much if there is some kind of discount to their web price, but most of the time it is the same price I passed up on their site.

I really can't blame them for not passing on the free advertising. But the scan thing annoys me too, just put up the darn scan already!

KKBB
  • Dude, you have hit the nail on the head.

• << <i>I really wish eBay would offer a seller "filter" on searches. I even suggested this to eBay and never heard back from them. This free listing day pollutes eBay with sellers who are too lazy or unprepared to put up a scan or they are "market testers" seeing if they can reel in the "big one" since they don't have a thing to lose with free listing fees. Reviewing their auctions is a complete waste of my time. >>

Dude,

Go here. Scroll to the bottom, enter your search in the search title, then enter the user IDs you want to exclude in the box at the bottom, and change the default to "Find items excluding these sellers." Should do what you want...
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Thanks Sol. I had not read that entire page. Excellent tip.

Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • That is the best tip I have seen in awhile. Thanks, Sol.
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Sol,

You're my hero! image
  • Is there really anyone out there who is going to pay $32,000 for a Clemente RC...come on, the market has changed, seeing these big listings on ebay at Nasdaq 5,000 level prices just gives me a headache...last time the Clemente was $40,000 this time $32,000 next time $25,000 and it still won't sell...for god's sake, put the stuff up there w/o reserves and see what the market will bear or don't put it up at all...

Just one not so humble man's opinion.

EO

• << <i>...for god's sake, put the stuff up there w/o reserves and see what the market will bear or don't put it up at all... >>

Why should someone? Quite simply, the thing to do in a down market is BUY, not SELL. I priced everything I had at market, sometimes market -10%, during the "irrational exuberance" times of '99-00, but with the market down, I'd rather just not sell stuff if I can't get my price...
  • crazysc - You mean you're not dumping everything out this week at whatever the market will bear! You sir, just made my list! What's that link again, and your Ebay ID please?
  • If you don't have the dough, just don't buy it.

• << <i>If you don't have the dough, just don't buy it. >>

I kind of have to agree with that statement.... EOMint as someone who sells a lot of cards on EBAY patience is a virtue... I can understand you wanting to get a better price (hey we all do when we buy) . But I agree with Sol right now the best selling tactic is sell selectively and carefully, and to be more agressive on the buy side.....By the way have you ever called Kris and tried to negotiate a better price?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • It has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to buy the cards...it has to do with constantly seeing the same cards listed over and over again at progressively lower prices....the process of watching these guys capitulate is just painful. My only point was that in my view continuing to list the same stuff over and over again makes those cards look undesirable...people see them on ebay and see them get no bids...that just isn't a smart way to sell in my view. You have to maintain the perception of scarcity and value as a seller to maintain price integrity.

This is what happens when you get guys who go crazy buying stuff at the peak of a market and who can't afford to wait out a market cycle...either put the cards in a closet and wait for the next upturn or sell the stuff at market prices and move on!

EOMINT
  • i got mine on... and not just cards!
    anything I could find to sell image
    imageimage