Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Storage and Display - MJ Roop

Happy Holidays! I just got several MJ Roop Binders from my fiance for Xmas - WOW! These things are top quality and I am quite impressed. They can be customized with your name, collection, Vol # and come in different colors. These things are really cool, and I would recommend to at least check them out.

No, I do not work for the companyimage

People on this board have helped me out, so here is a little consumer report from me.

MJ Roop

Take care and Happy Holidays - I need to pick some cards to be housed in these babies!
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    Yeah! MJ Roop is awesome! The binders seem a bit expensive... but... I found them to be well worth the investment. Really, it's cheaper than a top loader system... I recommend the ones with the slip cover case... they are a beautiful and efficient way of displaying your collection. Two thumbs up...
    -Geoff
  • Options
    ~also~ don't know if you knew this... MJ roop sells pocket pages that hold PSA graded cards... 4 cards per page... I beleive these are around $3 or $4 a pop! and a binder only fits around 8 pages... in any case, worth the investment if you are archiving a graded Mickey Mantle or Ted Williams collection...
    -Geoff
  • Options
    Here is the link for PSA Graded Cards. Yeah, kind of expensive.

PSA Graded Card Pages
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    Oops, it should be this link:

PSA Binder Pages
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    Expensive, but attractive checklists as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is the link for PSA Graded Cards. Yeah, kind of expensive... >>

well does anyone see anything FUNNY about their
    photo for the product listed as "PSA Graded Pages"??

imageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, I suppose you are right. That advertisement would have been far sexier with a PSA graded card instead if a "%!@" graded card...
  • Options
    I think the product looks great. Is it true that the large binder holds only 8 pages of PSA graded cards?
  • Options
    yeah, I know that the binder system doesn't seem very equitable with graded cards unless you are archiving something very valuable to yourself... for ex: I might spend the $100+ on a binder system and psa pages to archive my complete PSA Julius Erving run... I think it only holds 6 to 8 pages for graded... email MJ roop... mickey is the guy's name... ask him to be sure~
    -Geoff
  • Options
    ydsotter, when you said a binder only holds about 6-8 of those PSA pages, are you talking about a 1 inch binder?
    Fred
  • Options
    Thanks, y-----. I sent them an email and will post the response.
  • Options
    Here is the extremely quick response I received from Matt Barry at MJ Roop: "A single binder can hold 6 pages or 24 cards....This is one of the problems people are having with graded cards. But these binders would certainly preserve and display them nicely." About $100 for 24 cards. Expensive - but it looks great.
  • Options
    Hey ngfred... guess gator got your answer... I believe it was the bigger binder that holds 6-8 pages...
    -G
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Are the MJ Roop pages for PSA holders flexible like regular nine card pages?

If they are flexible, won't the pages just flop around when the binder is stored upright?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info gator and sotter.

I know this was discussed before, but how many cards do those hard PSA (plastic?) boxes hold? I think someone has even posted a picture of it before.
    Fred
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    Has anyone bought some of the products from this page? I noticed this thread a while back, but have just decided to upgrade my 1954 raw set into a nicer display system. I've also decided to start a 1960 raw set and was thinking of using this system. Is it worth the $$
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    And are there any other places to get nice display/storage options? I was looking for something unique.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have three of them - they are nice, but expensive. I am going to house my HOF players in these. They are personalized binders with a clamshell design. Real nice museum quality pieces.

I am going to probably order about 5 more - Red with "Pete Rose" as the personalization.

the pages do not flop around.

If you have a favorite player or some real nice/sentimental cards, I would recommend getting one.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Thanks-
    I plunked down the green yesterday and I'm hopeful it will be worth it.

• Options
    I'm reviving an old thread on the subject, but just wanted to share how pleased I am with my recently purchased MJ Roop Archival Binder system. (I'm not a company employee or shareholder, but play one on TV.)

Spend the extra $10 for the Archiver Series over the Collector Series because the slipcover is worth it. I thought I was just getting a binder and some cheap inserts, but the binder is not the kind you find at Staples, and the complete laminated checklist of every card is very appealing.

Price point is $49.95 plus about $12 shipping. However, I'm going bulk for my OPC sets; 5-10 is $43.95 each plus no shipping. If you wait a few weeks they will upgraded their Archival Storage box which attractively houses all graded cards, Top loaders, Card Saver I's, etc.

I debated spending so much on card preservation, but money already spent on PSA and SGC doesn't exactly come out to change.

MJ Roop
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    grilloj39grilloj39 Posts: 370 ✭✭
    67standup...I am interested in this for some sets I collect raw...can you explain some differences between the standard 9-card pocket pages, versus the MJ Roop version. thanks,

JG
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

There is no difference in the actual 9 pocket pages. They use Ultra-Pro pages..the same kind you can buy in a card store.
  • Options
    grilloj39grilloj39 Posts: 370 ✭✭
    basilone...thanks,
    JG
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    Good question, but the system does not come with pages. They can sell some to you, but the pages would be standard nine pockets that Ultra Pro, BCW, etc., offers. You're paying for the hard material- like binder (it's also larger than Staples kind), the slip cover so you can shelve like a book (I have about seven regular binders, but I need to stack them), a laminated checklist of each card # and player name, a laminated cover page depicting player card from requested set, scripting of set name on spin, slip cover, two page lifters, color choice, etc.

I had reservations because of the price (I still think it's just a tad too expensive), so I ordered one for trial. Per previous email, after adding the costs of other supplies - sleeves, top loaders, boxes, etc -, I feel a little better.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin