Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

2 New Coins for my 20th Century Type Set of Circulation Strikes, no Gold

1906 O Barber Quarter & 1903 O Morgan Dollar, both PCGS MS67. The Morgan photo is black & white. That's because it looked horrible in color and I could not seem to get a good photo that showed the true appearance of the coin. This is as close as I could come. I'm working on it, I am sure it has to do with angle and lighting. Mark.

National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Comments

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ........now there's a quarter with some pizzazz!!!!!! image what i'm left wondering is where's the "old quarter" from your type set? give a description of what the color looks like in hand, like when you rock the coin. i'm guessing it's a bit red or pink when the light hits it at the right angle. petty clean too, is it a 65?

al h.image
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on owning a truly beautiful coin. I love to see that type of toning, that's not so dark you can't see the design, and then lightens toward the center of the coin. You've got a real "keeper" there!
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Gorgeous, simply beautiful, a coin anyone would be proud to own.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I added a new photo. The Morgan is basically untoned except for a slight whitish toning visible at a certain angle. There are no major marks, most of what shows in the photo is just slight luster changes or possibly very light contact friction. Thanks to David Lawrence for the Barber Quarter, and Angel Dees and US COINS for the Morgan. The Morgan is much nicer appearing in hand. Mark
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Mark:

Congratulations, both phenomenal coins. When all your upgrades are complete, you should be a solid number two in 20th Century Type - Circulation Strikes. Do you plan to shoot for High Desert?

Greg
  • Beautiful coins Mark - That quarter is a killer!!! - Great dollar as well - Nice Christmas gifts!!!

Frank
  • prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    That quarter is awesome, I like it image