Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Submission question: Have you ever....

Submitted coins, received than back in bags instead of plastic, re-submitted them and then have them sent back encapsilated?

I was looking at a few coins that I received back months ago and was wondering was it me or them?

Thanks Rich

Comments

• LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Rich,

...not yet. I have submitted one from a PCGS holder, and got it back in a bag. It's back at PCGS right now... I should know something by new years.

David
  • Rich, this is why grading is an art and not a science. Who knows what happened the first time? Frankly, Ive never resubmitted body bagged coins because it wasn't worth it to pay another grading fee. But if I had a coin that was worth it, I would resubmit... just like some dealers will crack out coins and resubmit them many times in the hope of a higher grade. when you live by the slab, you pay (die) by the slab. cheers, alan mendelson
  • gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Submitted coins, received than back in bags instead of plastic, re-submitted them and then have them sent back encapsilated?

Yeah! I estimate that about 80% of the coins I get bodybagged get slabbed the very next time without me doing anything to them.

I'm just doing my part to pad the PCGS Retirement Fund.
  • WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Can a coin sent in for regrade end up bodybagged or even downgraded?
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!