Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

67 PSA 9 Pete Rose goes from Superior to E-Bay

That great looking 1967 Pete Rose PSA 9 (Lot #360) from Superior's recent auction has landed on E-Bay's Door. I'm trying to figure a way to put the link in, but failing at this point.

Anyway, here is the url: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1983640355

I need that 69 Bench ASimage

Comments

• Options
    67 Rose

Here you go.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    There are some 1969 PSA 10's also on Ebay that were just in Superiors auction.
  • Options
    How much did the Rose sell for at the Superior auction?
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    $1,438 including buyer's premium. I expect the total on E-Bay will be higher, but you never know.

67 rose psa - superior auction

• Options
    what is the spot in the border just below the S in reds
    at the bottom of the card?
    (it was in the scan on superior too!)

imageimage
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    this rose went too cheaply.i have seen most of the psa 9s
    from this year and this is about as nice as you can find.
    as you can see from the reserve i listed at a level a collector
    can purchase at a ridiculously low level for this card's qualities.
    if anyone has any well centered 1958 psa 8 they dont need or picked up at an auction or show at nice prices please let me know.not everyone
    buys at superior just as i dont participate in mastro auctions.good
    luck to all and happy holidays.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    It has now surpassed the E-Bay reserve, and sits at $1,475. Eight Days left til it closes.

Frankly, I was stunned that it went so cheaply on Superior. I think, but its just my personal opinion, that the economic situation has depressed prices on our hobby.

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Im shocked (kidding) that this seller is going to make a profit on this card by selling it on eBay. Ive heard it over and over again....eBay is a flea-market, strong buyers do not surf ebay (they do not have the time), its such a hassle, yada yada yada.

Whoops. image

John
  • Options
    The Auction finished today, at $1,975.00, so the seller made a nice profit for holding the cards almost exactly 3 weeks.1967 Pete Rose goes for $1,975.00

• Options
    Yes, but subtract the Ebay fees of $40.66, and the seller didn't even break $500. What if that's all the money he made in those 3 weeks. It only works out to $166.66 a week, or for a 40 hour work week, that $4.17 an hour. That's not even minimum wage. image
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Too bad the original owner didn't make that dough. Take out the 15% on both ends, he lost quite a bit more then $500...jay
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, but subtract the Ebay fees of $40.66, and the seller didn't even break $500. What if that's all the money he made in those 3 weeks. It only works out to $166.66 a week, or for a 40 hour work week, that $4.17 an hour. That's not even minimum wage. image >>

And you're not even figuring in the cost of the money - $1500 at say 2% vig/week if you're borrowing it from "the man" - there's another $45 in costs...
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • Options
    A new seller has listed a 67 Rose PSA 9 for sale on E-Bay. This guy is using the picturre from the recently ended superior 67 Rose as the image on his auction. I've already sent him an email asking if the card pictured is the card he has for sale. Same Image as earlier 67 Rose sale.

• Options
    JeffVN,

It's actually not the same card. Look closely at the cert #s. The one that just sold is 90007144 and the new one listed is 90007141. I checked out some of the other cert #s around these and found Aarons, Clementes, Mantles, Gibsons - lots of stars from '66 & '67 in PSA 8 & 9! Looks like someone had a really great submission.

JEB.
  • Options

<< Yes, but subtract the Ebay fees of $40.66, and the seller didn't even break $500. What if that's all the money he made in those 3 weeks. It only works out to $166.66 a week, or for a 40 hour work week, that $4.17 an hour. That's not even minimum wage. >>

Can't really add in all the hours though. You can only figure in the amount of time spent on posting the card, packaging the card, etc. $500 profit in 3 weeks for 1 card isn't too shabby. Last time I checked, $500 gets you quite a bit at the supermarket.... or, if you're like me, a lot of rounds of golf!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    $500 is a 33% profit. $250 is a17% profit. Whats wrong with that for 1 card? Believe me , a guy who has the original $1500 to buy the card doesnt need the sale of the card to live on.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    If I could flip the majority of my cards for 33% profit within three weeks, I would be very happy.
  • Options
    and dont forget the paypal fee of 44.19
  • Options

<< <i>A new seller has listed a 67 Rose PSA 9 for sale on E-Bay. This guy is using the picturre from the recently ended superior 67 Rose as the image on his auction. Same Image as earlier 67 Rose sale. >>

jeff,not the same card.mine(briefly)was centered.
  • Options
    Paul,

I see that you apply the same principles to Baseball cards as the stocks you deal in. Buy low, sell high. Very good job on the Rose deal.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    thanks Rob.Happy and Healthy!
  • Options

The buyer of that card the 67 rose on e-bay used buy it now on a 74 rose psa9 I listed last nite for $450. The card wasn't even on E-bay for an hour! I'm happy I really put buy it now has an after thought but of course the doubt sets in did I let it go too cheap. 450 is the last SMR I saw. This guy has bought a few Highend roses in his recent auctions. Is rose hot because of possible HOF acceptance. By the way for you percentage guys I bought the whole 74 set for $15 new in 74 including storage in 5 different houses over 29 years I'D say that must have a pretty good profit margin. image
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Rose has been really hot for the last year, but I do think the HOF deal is adding some additional fuel to the fire. Any vintage Rose 9s you may have are definitely commanding a premium right now. $450 for a 74 seems like a good sell to me.
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups