Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

another pr70dcam state quarter $1,250 only(?)

from an email from david hall rare coins, hot picks:

2002-S WASHINGTON QUARTER TENNESSEE PCGS PR70DCAM
Pop-top perfection! Here's a brand-new-on-the-market wonder
coin that isn't listed on the PCGS Population Report. Yes,
there's still a zero in the '70' column, but DHRC has one for
you. Brilliant and exhibiting heavy cameo contrast, giving
the coin the maximum in eye appeal. If you're building the
finest set in the world this little beauty is a must! Call
now!...$1,250

is this the new market price of the pr70dcams ???

cheers, alan mendelson

Comments

• Options
    Alan:
    The coin may not be on your printed population report, but the on-line report shows three Tennessee clad quarters in PR70DC and another three Tennesse silvers in PR70DC. As I recall, all have appeared in the pop report over the past two weeks. It is part of the new PCGS policy of allowing PR70s.
    Gerry
  • Options
    not with the pop doubling in one week

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    i will wait a long long long long time

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    funny thing is pcgs aquired a few of these coins thry private channels..paying what they believed was good money

ehhhhhhhhh
    wrong

next

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    We've been assured that DHRC does not submit coins for grading. They sure ended up with this one pretty quickly after it was graded. Is this just a coincidence?

Pete
  • Options
    Van Simmons of DHRC once explained to me that once in a while someone that slabs a high-grade coin offers it to them on consignment, or as a direct sale, because they don’t know where else to go with it. DHRC says they do not submit their own coins for grading, and I, for one, believe them.image
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Gerry

Do have any suggestions for getting the price down from $1,250
    or should I tell cameo cc to lower his price? Should we altogether boycott all proof 70 deep cameos.Proof 69 D Cameos cost only 30 dollars maximum and they look identical for the most part.

stewart
  • Options

<< <i>Gerry
    Should we altogether boycott all proof 70 deep cameos?
    Stewart >>

I'm all for that - now if you could only get some YN's to do the same ..... image
  • Options
    PETE,

I received a spam email from DHRC on the same subject. Stateing they have 2 PR70 for sale below is a copy of the emails....\

rick

Subject: PCGS state quarter registry
    >
    > I just purchased a couple State Quarters in PCGS PR70DCAM.
    >
    > Let me know if you are interested in hearing about them and adding
    > them to your set.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > xxxxxxxxxxx ( name withheld)
    > David Hall Rare Coins
    >
    I actually was lucky enough to buy two coins. I have a 2002-S silver Indiana PCGS PR70DCAM your price would be $1650.00 and a 2002-S Clad Tenn PCGS PR70DCAM $1150.00.

Let me know if you are interested as I'm expecting these to go fast.
    A active collector of Modern Proof graded coins. Highligted by my Modern registry sets. (The Lewis' Collections).
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I got the spam, too. Same information about a week or two ago. I thought the price was too high with the advent of more 70s coming.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Amazing prices, a couple of months ago I purchased a proof(65) 36 quarter for the same price and there were only 3,837 proofs minted.
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    I'll take the 1936 quarter in a hearbeat! My advice is to stay away from the PR70DCAMs for a bit folks...

Could this be a great move to get lots of people to resubmit all of those PR69DCAMs from the last couple of years...that really should have been 70s? Naw...PCGS isn't interested in making money at our expense! They are looking out for us little guys, right?
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I got that letter also...was what made me feel i was special....PCGS wanted me to have this coin...

kiss my you know what...

people that do business like that turns my stomache...hope ya bought em high ya clown...
    cause they wont garner anywhere near what you thought they would, jokes on you...

MERRY XMAS image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill