Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My Fifteen Minutes of Fame!

dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
Holy smokes!!

Bruce Scher just PM'd me with the news that the Three Cent Nickels proofs have been weighted, and Look at this!!!

If the truth be known, the guys I just jumped have MUCH better sets, and just hadn't gotten around to getting all their CAMs/DCAMS reviewed and reslabbed by PCGS since they started their CAM/DCAM designations (like I did image ).

I'll be safely back down where I belong before too long. But I hurried and printed out this page, to show my mother! LOL

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange...the weighting didn't seem to make a great deal of difference in the MS 3 CN pieces....image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Congratulations, David. image Enjoy the fame while it lasts. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    David,

Good for you!

If you press "CTRL" + "Print Screen" at the same time you can take a screen shot. You can then go into your word processor, and press "CTRL" + "V" and paste it into a page, then save the file, and you can look at it anytime you want.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Very impressive David!

And it only took you 2 years. Just goes to show their still out there.
    Dan
  • Options
    Great set!! And great photos!! To me, this is the registry at its best -- sets to marvel at, and lotsa pictures of yummy coins to drool over.

May your reign long continue!

Edited to add: that 1882 is sweet: love the toning. Give her a kiss for me.image
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    In my book, you're just as famous for your Cent set image.

David
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Great looking coins!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations,

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    You guys should all be proud....those are some nice sets!
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Another Great Set!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    Congratulations, thats a wonderful set.
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Very, very nice... complete & with pictures, congrats on being #1!

• Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
  • Options
    First rate set David..I applaud your efforts..
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dpoole
    You rule
    You have those coins that make me drool

(recycled bit of bad poetry from a while back) image

See you at FUN again? This time I will not have the wife and child in tow, and should be able to do more than the 3 1/2 hour cameo appearance I made this year. (I actually got to spend less time at the show than I spent on the road, getting there!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    as usual another great job david!!!!!!!!!!

congrats.
    may the force be with you.

rob.
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    David
    My hat is off to you again old friend.That is a wonderful accomplishment.The pics make it most enjoyable.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    David--

Knock out set! Bruce is tough to get past. Could you turn on your set listings--you have put together an impressive total collection.
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options
    Gosh, I collect these coins and I know how hard it must have been to put together such a spectacular set. Congratulations. Dan
    Looking for great US-Philippine coins, the funnest and probably hardest US sets to complete. I collect varieties and neat error coins as well as the regular business strikes and proofs.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I would just like to say that I am impressed with the class that Bruce Scher shows. The "new" weighting system comes out and he is knocked out of first place and instead of complaining he congratulates the new #1.

My hat is off to you Bruce.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOG,

I agree. Bruce has class, as well as a taste for coins!
  • Options
    I'll have to agree here. Bruce is a first class person with an eye for beautiful coins. image

Looks like your 15 minutes has lasted just a bit longer, David. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Well I just turned in a few nice coins that will hopefully make the grade...thanks for the nice comments..it will be interesting to see how many of the old holder coins make the new designation for cameo/deepcameo..when the sets were put together I always tried to buy the nicest examples..sometimes for strike, sometime for color or cameo contrast but always for eye appeal..Davids set sure is consistant and high quality too...enjoy the spot buddy...but hey im chasin ya..
    Bruce Scher