Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

he's at it again

"Rarest grade from the best company ICG MS-70". Yep you gussed it coin vault time again. only $179 for a 2000 or 2001 1/10oz platinum.

GRRRRRR....

Mint sets - 1963-1985 $400 GRRRRRRRRR "This is the best deal you will ever see on this type of set" Is this leagal to tell lies like this????

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    It's weird you posted this - I've never seen the Coin Vault before but I stumbled across it just now when I hit the wrong button on the remote. Our TV lets you program it to skip certain channels when you go up or down through the channels, and we skip the shop at home channels. Are those two guys doing the show actual coin dealers, or do they work for Home Shopping Network?

They did mention that Keith Love from ICG will be on the show "in the next hour" (whatever that means) to discuss how he grades coins.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    all they are are salesmen that lie alot and sell overgraded overpiced coins to unsuspecting people. Never buy from them but if you like comedy then the coin vault is a great show to watch. I love that they said the only place to get a 1967 SMS set is through them because just last week they bought the last 25 sets.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Hey Daddy-o, how can you watch this channel when Evander Holyfield is gonna fight!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    The first thought that occurred to me was, "If that's so rare, how did you get enough to be able to sell them on national television?"

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Every time I stumble across that stupid show it gives me a headache. I can't stand (or sit) to watch it for more than a couple of minutes before their voices penetrate my skull and start doing nasty things to my cerebrum. At least some of you can find humor in watching it, if I try that I end up having to run to the bottle of Excedrin.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    Sorry Lucy Evander Holyfield is not somthing that i would be interested in. I like to just drink my coffee while looking at my coins and dreaming what my set would look like with a DCAM frankie filling that little hole in my proof set collection.image

Can't wait for Keith Love to come on the show and tell us how they grade at ICG. now we'll all know why their grading has gone down the tubes as of late.
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Rarest grade from the best company ICG MS-70". Yep you gussed it coin vault time again. only $179 for a 2000 or 2001 1/10oz platinum.

GRRRRRR....

Mint sets - 1963-1985 $400 GRRRRRRRRR "This is the best deal you will ever see on this type of set" Is this leagal to tell lies like this???? >>

LOOK

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    It's funny, I was actually watching that a while ago. Talking to mom on the phone (I'm a good son) and she's a collector as well. Saw those scarred up double eagles, too. That 1895 one was clearly AU-58 or MS-60 from the scratches and such on it. Really poor example for the Christmas low price of $670!!!
  • Options
    Is icg a good company to have coins graded with. ?
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, ICG is a second tier company. PCGS and NGC are first tier and ICG (and I think SEGS and PCI) are second tier. Although I know some people put PCI in the last tier with ACG.
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is icg a good company to have coins graded with. ? >>

I don't know anything about this company i have seen them around on ebay.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file