2»

Comments

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

move thread to currency board .. zero to do with coins

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that this was that thread from 1961.
    Imagine my surprise when I saw it was actually from 2002 !

• @DMWJR said:
    My $40 offer is open at any time. I like crazy things like that. I have Fiver with a solid serial number - 66666666.

Any body want to play Liar's poker?

I have 12 ten dollar bills with the same serial numbers... What would something like that go for??

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2023 11:15PM

@Mb721 said:

@DMWJR said:
    My $40 offer is open at any time. I like crazy things like that. I have Fiver with a solid serial number - 66666666.

Any body want to play Liar's poker?

I have 12 ten dollar bills with the same serial numbers... What would something like that go for??

Not that rare BEP sold sets like that. Let me guess, there's one from each Federal Reserve Bank.

Check ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155676263777

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@baccaruda said:
    Dan,

by chance are you a partner to a law firm with Dewey and Howe?

"Dewey, Cheatem & Howe"

Frank

BHNC #203

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AbesNeighbor said:
    Both serial #'s are G 00000322A

I actually thought I had a couple of decent liars poker bills!

I'll be glad to send scans..

I realize that this is a bit delayed, but certain currency dealers used to have standing offers with the Cashiers at many banks to buy packs of notes with valuable serial numbers. A pack with note number 00000001 was a biggie, and the dealer would have retailed the seven zero and six zero notes and then had the less desirable five zero notes left over.

It is possible that some dealer got the 00000001 packs of two consecutive series from the same source, and he made up multiple pairs of notes with the same serial numbers from the two packs. An interesting novelty pair.

I once saw on eBay where somebody had the, let's say X00012345Y, note from one series and the X00012346Y note from the next series and he was trying to sell it as a changeover pair, which it wasn't. It was just a made up pair from two different packs of notes with the same number run.

TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:

@AbesNeighbor said:
    Both serial #'s are G 00000322A

I actually thought I had a couple of decent liars poker bills!

I'll be glad to send scans..

I realize that this is a bit delayed, but certain currency dealers used to have standing offers with the Cashiers at many banks to buy packs of notes with valuable serial numbers. A pack with note number 00000001 was a biggie, and the dealer would have retailed the seven zero and six zero notes and then had the less desirable five zero notes left over.

It is possible that some dealer got the 00000001 packs of two consecutive series from the same source, and he made up multiple pairs of notes with the same serial numbers from the two packs. An interesting novelty pair.

I once saw on eBay where somebody had the, let's say X00012345Y, note from one series and the X00012346Y note from the next series and he was trying to sell it as a changeover pair, which it wasn't. It was just a made up pair from two different packs of notes with the same number run.

TD

As I mentioned above, the BEP also direct marketed matched serial numbers from the different Fed Res banks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file