Home Q & A Forum
Options

Varieties

Several threads have been posted questioning how a variety that PCGS recognizes gets included in a variety set. A general variety poll was coordinated by BJ recently where approximately 65% of the respondents agreed that if PCGS recognizes the variety then it should be in the variety set.

Specifically on the Jefferson varieties, there has been near unanimous support that all Jefferson varieties recognized by PCGS should be in the variety set. As an example, see PCGS Registry Forum Thread entitled “Opinions on variety sets – Why don’t the variety sets contain all varieties that PCGS recognizes? Created On Wednesday October 09, 2002 10:58 PM”.

If the vast majority of registry set participants support the position of including all PCGS recognized varieties in a variety set, why doesn’t PCGS adopt this position?
(The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    We're in the process of re-evaluating our variety policy. I will be calling many Registry participants and we'll figure out the best way to handle varieties. I have a feeling your suggestions are going to be adopted. Give us a few weeks to figure it out. Thanks...David