Home Q & A Forum
Options

Pr70 grades

I own several 70 coins and now with the apparent loosening of the grade, I worry what it will do to the value. Is there a positive difference between a 69 and 70. I have some 69's that are perfect even under microscope. Don't get me wrong, I love 70's, and got mine mainly because of the fresh supply. But I don't want the market suddenly flooded with bunches of basically high grade 69's in 70 holders. By the way, I only collect PCGS and have several registry sets including the #1 Gold & Silver Proof Set and the #3 Mercury dime proof set. PCGS is the best!
Merc collector.

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    I don't believe there will be loosening of the standards for the 70 grade. I believe the grading room needs to have an attitude that this grade should be used when appropriate. There may be a few more 70s made as the graders make a conscious effort to find those few perfect coins. I don't believe the impact on prices will be very negative. I can actually make the argument that when a few 70s become available prices could actually go up...because prices can't go up when there's no activity. Sometimes supply can create demand...sometimes.