Home Q & A Forum
Options

Explanation of no grade (bodybag).

First I would like to say I read a couple of other posts on this and don't feel any special forms are needed.
I will use a coin I just got back in a bag as an example.1864 2C Large Motto. 3576.98/60053927 damage or tooling.
Here is a coin I bought from Jon Rosenthal that he grades as an AU-55 I send it in and it gets bagged.A suprise to both of us.I'm a novice and can't learn unless someone shows me.
My suggestion to you is simple.Get the 3 inch by 3 inch stickem pads and when a coin doesn't receive a grade the grader writes a small note pointing out the reason why and signs it.He then folds it twice and puts it in the other pocket of the flip.
Examples:These marks (then he/she draws a little diagram of what they look like) at such a place on the coin are the damage, or this discoloration located here and here on the coin is PVC.This may sound like a lot but sit there and do it and it only takes an extra minute.
By doing it this way you help educate us and you also provide a more personel touch to your service which will go a long way in maintaining your customer satisfaction.I know it would make me feel better with a writen note istead of a form.

I really knew of no other place to put this so you would see it.
Don't you think it is cost effective and improves you relationship with the customers?

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    I believe we should explain no grades in more detail. Unless someone around here tells me I'm crazy, I'll put it in the queue and we'll figure out a way to do it...David