Home Q & A Forum
Options

WEb site

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know from time to time this web site goes down for whatever reason. I know its free, but what is being done about preventing this sort of thing? It usually happens Friday night when the Techs are gone.

Mark

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Been asking the same question myself. Actually, I think we're very good compared to most other collectibles sites and considering the ton of traffic we generate.

Carol...can you have John N respond to this on open forum?
  • Options
    Good Morning:

We have the IS looking in to the issue now to see if we can find the source of the problem.
    Send me an e-mail or PM with the type of problems you have been experiencing.
    Personally, I have gotten a few page can not be found errors in the last week.

Carol
  • Options
    Here is the official response.

<FONT color=#000080 size=2>
    We have monitoring software in place that will alert us in the event of issues with the website. We don’t have any recent records indicating downtime on a Friday night in the last several months (I didn’t look further back than that, but I don’t recall anything). We had a partial ISP-related outage 3-4 weeks ago which affected some users on a Saturday afternoon for up to several hours. Typically, our web site availability is over 99.8%, which is generally higher than the "Keynote Business 40" performance index. John</FONT>