Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Greetings and a DMPL morgan question

Greetings,

I've been a lurker for a few days now while my registration was being *carefully* selected for *promise* and *integrity*. Or at least that's what I kept telling myself. Seems to be a wealth of knowledge on here. image

My question is I collect slabbed Morgans as I'm still new at learning to grade from these, and I like to be able to sell quickly if I need. In the price guides that I've seen they list PL and DM but I have not seen a category for a DMPL. And of course that's what I'm a fan of like a lot of folks I'm sure. Where do you put the value of these at? With PL or DM or a priemium over one or another?

Thanks,

Nathan
Got Morgan?

Comments

• Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    DM = DMPL

dragon
  • Options
    Deep Mirror Proof Likes cost more than Proof Likes. The fields of the DMPLs reflect like a mirror. The PLs have some luster and don't reflect nearly as much. Dragon has lots of nice PLs and DMPLs image
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    if you are going to stick with prooflike coins I WOULD ONLY BUT DMPL COINS THAT ARE CAMEOED with tremendous eye appeal even in a common date!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THERE ARE ESCEPTIONS TO the rules like if you buy a nice pl prooflike 1894-s dollar that is cameoed and maybe dmpl on one side but still in a pl holder!!!!!!!

soooooooooooooONLY BUY

TREMENDOUS eye appealling cameoed gem dmpl coins for the most part or super rare 64 coins that have great eye appeal and cameo also!

and sometimes a coin like the 1894-s in pl that maybe is a omne sided dmpl cameoed! that is okie also

sincerely michael
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

To have deep mirrors, the coin must be proof like.

So whatever you do, don't add the price on the price guide from the PL column to the DM column to come up the DMPL price!

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards Nathanimage
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file