Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sorry about the screw up..neg feedback

I've only gave 1 neg.feedback up till now.It bothers the hell out of me.I purchased some wheaties on E-Bay about 6 weeks ago. I sent my payment out within 2 days.I believe the auction ended on the 8th of Oct and I sent it out on the 10th.I waited about 8 to 10 days and sent the guy an e-mail asking him if he received my payment.4 or 5 days after that he replyed " not yet".I replyed "please let me know when you receive it.I told him when I sent payment out.He never answered me.A week later I received the coins,I was shocked.I sent him another e-mail telling him I received the crap he sent me.I also asked him to please leave me my feedback as soon as you can.I received his reply stating" he never leaves feedback first because if the buyer is not happy he can return them.I believe he knew how crappy they were that's why he would not leave FB first.I have never returned anything I purchased on e-bay.I just took my loses and left it at that.If I paid $50 or more I would return them. I gave him the neg. fb yesterday.I waited 6 weeks before I made up my mind about giving him neg.fb. Now I'm waiting to see what he does.Am I wrong? I sent e-bay an e-mail about this and they nevered answered me. What now?
leon

Comments

• Options
    Forget about it and move on.
  • Options
    prepare to get your cherry popped. He sounds like a guy that will give neg. in return. He'll say something like if you didn't like them you should have returned them. Don't worry about a neg. I've got one and I'm proud of it. Says you won't take someone's crap just because you might get neg.'d.
  • Options
    The other thing I forgot to mention was,I have no negs.or neutrals.If you like you can look it up."mophead13139"
    leon
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    My experience and my understanding of the process is that you should give them a chance to make wrong things right before leaving a negative feedback. If you did not tell him you were unhappy with the coins and wanted to return them, then give him a chance to act on that, then a negative feedback, according to the generally accepted protocol, was uncalled for.

With his timeliness and quality of goods being an issue, I would either return the product for a refund (later to leave a neutral feedback explaining that the transaction was refunded due to poor quality of goods) or I would just leave a neutral feedback explaining the situation in 80 characters or less...but I would not have left a negative unless he either kept my money with no product or refused to take returns and didn't state so in the auction.

Again, according to the generally accepted protocol, a negative is to be reserved for the last ditch effort...only when you got robbed (sent money with no product or wouldn't take returns), basically. Anything else, even late service, poor quality of goods (without asking for a return), poor communication, is grounds only for a neutral.

As for me personally, I think you were more or less right - but my answer above is according to generally accepted eBay protocol.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    Coppercoins:What I've been doing over the years was not giving feedback at all if I received something that was'nt right.In return the seller will not leave me fb.What happens here is,your buying and selling figures are not right.I know for sure I have over 200 selling and buying experiences on E-bay.I'm sure if neither buyer or seller does not leave fb.it does not count for anything.I'm very patient about giving feedback because I know it can hurt someone in the long run.This is why I get my payments out right away.I would expect the other party would do the same.I sure understand what you have said in your reply and I appreciate it. Thank you.
    leon
  • Options
    I bought a "GEM 1937 Washington" from an ebay seller. When it arrived, it was not a gem, but a nice BU with a planchet flaw on George's cheek. I informed the seller that I was returning it and I received a full refund. I then gave a positive feedback stating that the transaction turned out satisfactorily. I did not get any feedback from the seller. I guess this was the best that could be expected.image
    Gary
  • Options
    How some eBay transactions go......

you buy the wheaties - $10 and 7 minutes to write check and get reciept at coin show
    you take photos of the wheaties - 3 minutes
    you do a write up - 10 minutes
    you list them - 10 minutes
    they sell - you make $5
    send an email to the buyer - hey you bought it - three minutes
    get and read an email from the buyer - yup i bought it - 2 minutes
    buyer sends and you read another email confirming payment sent - 1 minute
    buyer sends email asking for confirmation of your reciept of the $15 - you start looking for your bound to do list - 3 minutes
    you go through the mail and find his $15 check
    buyer leaves email address out of correspondence - you start looking for way to send buyer email - 3 minutes
    you draft email to buyer acknowledging reciept of $15
    your computer crashes while you were drafting email, you reboot - 7 minutes
    your redraft and resend email confirming reciept of money - 2 minutes
    you deposit check - 1 minute
    you note in planner day check should be cleared or bounced - 1 minute
    you get and read email from buyer wanting to know where wheaties are - 1 minute
    you send an email reminding buyer that checks take 10 business days to clear as stated in the auction
    buyer sends you an email telling you his bank has said check has cleared
    you write buyer back and explain why you still can't send wheaties
    buyer threatens negative but relents
    you look for wheaties in safe
    you find them and look for box
    you find box and package them
    you go to post office and discover no cash in wallet, daughter borrowed it and left note
    you go back home, get cash out of daughter's piggy bank, breaking it accidentally
    you go to post office, but it's now closed
    you go back the next day, and mail coins
    buyer sends another email wanting update and insured mail cert numbers
    you look for cert numbers, find them, email buyer
    buyer sends email telling you his computer crashed, please re-send all emails and update on coin
    you look for old emails
    you find them
    you send them
    buyer recieves wheaties, no complaints
    buyer sends you email asking you for positive feedback
    you explain that you never send feedback first
    you get negative
    you give negative

all this for Five Bucks.
  • Options
    I rarely give feedbacks first to strangers.

I try to be really patient with people who owe me money.

I sometimes ship later than I intend but am always willing to give a discount or reduction in the price. I often offer this.

I have never given a negative feedback, nor have I gotton one although it's just a matter of time, I'm sure.

I block people that I don't want to do business with - people who are a pain in the butt and people who have given others negatives for seemingly small infractions.

Life is too short to do business with people who cause problems.

adrian
  • Options
    Hell Anacanda you just did all that for zero, zip, nadda
  • Options
    people who are a pain in the butt

are you looking at me?
  • Options
    Jim --

Yeah, in the case of the fellow who sold the wheaties to silverandvinyl, nada, zip, zilch, zero.

With regard to me lookin' at you.....no, you're de-blocked.

I did see your nice Bust Dollar. If it doesn't sell, I'll take images of it for you if you want me to, for free. As a favor. 'Cause I'm a nice guy.

adrian
  • Options
    While I've got your attention.....Jim....what do you think about that fellow Cointoast....

you know....

ray
    melikian
    cointoast
    napa
    California
    melikian6@aol.com................he seems like a newbie at the flame routine. Being insulting....anyone can do that.

Being insulting with panache....now that takes some effort. Plus.....makin' enemies left and right and having all that personal data available to the whole world to see....I hope he's well armed.

adrian
  • Options
    Thats a very nice offer. You are a nice guy thats why it's so fun to razz you. I'll admit if I could ever pull it off I'd love to own your NGCxf40 1795 Flowing Hair $ but I don't think thats in the cards. I might take you up on that pic offer someday.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    ok, milk n juice is done...goto your mats for naptime

not a peep

PLONK

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    you go to post office and discover no cash in wallet, daughter borrowed it and left note
    you go back home, get cash out of daughter's piggy bank, breaking it accidentally
    you go to post office, but it's now closed

Yes I read it all! You can use your credit or debit card at the Post Office so that would eliminate a little time!

• Options
    While I've got your attention.....Jim....what do you think about that fellow Cointoast....

well I'll have to say he seems to becoming a bit of a troll, which makes me feel kinda the fool.
    He posted that piece of crap Stone Mountain and I tried to give a sincere opinion. At this point I hope he keeps that piece of crap.
  • Options
    Adrian, I agree with alot you say. I don`t know if the end result of your statement was tongue in cheek or not . It is hard to tell with you sometimes. But when I buy a 50.00 coin, I send the payment just as quickly as when I buy a 1,000.00 coin and I am as concerned about the 50.00 coin as the 1 G coin. So the seller should not bother to list something if the profit margain is too small. There is no sense in laziness in any business transaction.
    I work on hogs as a hobby. So I have alot of spare parts. When a guy wants a 10.00 dollar part, he gets the same respect as a guy who wants a 500.00 part. Why? It is called REPUTATION and REPEAT BUSINESS.
  • Options
    So, you work on hogs and have a lot of spare parts. Some go for $10. Like what.......the head.....or that little squiggly tail.....sorry, dude, yours was slow and right down the middle.

So, me tongue in cheek....yes...and no......my point was that people do really expect a lot of personal attention and on some really small items. But you're right....gonna offer wheaties.....gonna have about the same amount of work as selling that Proof 66 Ultra Cameo Morgan....and gonna have a slow road to wealth unless they're really good wheaties.

When I buy something, I almost never ask if it's been sent. I just wait with baited breath to see if it will arrive. The anticipation builds with each...."Sorry boss, no package from Schmuntz Coins....." but then again, if you knew what my personal assistant looked like, you wouldn't mind crying on her shoulder. 21 years old, blond hair to her waist, 110 lbs, and a butt you could set a coffee cup on.

I try to give good service but what's really important to me is that the coin looks like the image and that the image looks like the coin and that I don't ship the coin while I'm at risk and that the coin gets sent pretty close to when it is supposed to be sent.

You are on the money....reputation is extremely important in the coin business.

We're dealing in coins here, not spare livers. By the way, what does a hogs' liver go for?

adrian
  • Options
    For you Adrian, I could send you the squiggly part just for shipping costs. Do not let the other members know because it would be alot of work for just good customer relations image Thanks for your posts. They are to say the least, original and always informative.
  • Options
    IMHO, I would return the coins if the seller has a return policy! Never keep anything you don't like. Neging him without giving him a chance to make a refund is not correct! Although, he shouldn't wait for your feedback, before leaving his! If the seller received payment on time he should have left pos. feedback at that time. Sounds like the seller is holding feedback as ransom!!image
    Banned for Life from The Evil Empire™!
    Looking for Nationals, Large VF to AU type, 1928 Gold, and WWII Emergency notes. Also a few nice Buffalo Nickels and Morgan Dollars.
    Monty...
  • Options
    Am I the only one that hides $50 in my car just in case I get somewhere and find out I have no money???
  • Options
    If you are worried about getting negative feedback, just "feedback snipe" him. eBay allows 90 days for you to post feedback after the end of the auction. Wait until 89 days 23 hours and 59 minutes to leave your feedback. That way the other guy won't have a chance to respond to your negative comment.
    "Don't talk like an ignarosis."

I specialize in Wisconsin currency! Looking for information on WI national banknotes. Census stands at 12,318 notes.

**"Wisconsin National Bank Notes - 2nd Edition" is out!!!" Only $20PPd!!!
  • Options
    silverandvinyl....

Give us a link to the auction so we can see if we think the seller was deceptive or if you just expected too much.
    I have about 3 or 4 bags of wheat cents I'm going to list on Ebay one of these days. I'll make it real clear there's no return allowed. How's a seller to know someone won't go through a lot and take what they want, and exchange them with others and then return the coins?

Ray
  • Options
    I give positive feedback, the moment I know the FUNDS are Positive. I used to, but I don't anymore, care whether I receive feedback or not. I only care that, if I do get feedback, that it is positive.

I treat every sale that I make, with equal enthusiasm. be it a $1.00 sale or $100,000 (never happen...LOL ) sale.

The rub for sending back low price coins, is the cost to the buyer. Example: From the east coast, it costs about $2.25 - $2.40 to send one singlr roll of circulated wheats out west. The roll cost $1.50, and $2.25 to ship and another $1.30 to insure (yes they insure). They get the coins , don't like them and they ship them back for a refund of $1.50 at a cost of $4.50 - $4.80 plus insurance.

Hmmm I believe in buy High and sell Low, but..............,

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file