Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Complete Guide to Franklin Half Dollars.

Has anyone actually received the 2nd edition yet? I've encountered two different advertisements indicating it is now available, yet, neither is R&I Coins, and since I pre-ordered it, it would bother me just a little to see other companies with it in their inventory for sale already.
Gilbert

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Lucky you, I haven't even order this must have book yet.image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    I would doubt anyone had it yet. I'm on Rick's list as well, and knowing the following he has, I would not thinlk he would let this book get out to anyone other than his 'circle' first.

Mark
  • Options
    I called in and signed up for the hardback edition - haven't heard anything yet - I might give them a call tomorrow.

Frank
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    I've only seen it offered as a presell through R & I. I'm curious, what features are you most looking forward to in this book? In other words, why should I order one?
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm curious, what features are you most looking forward to in this book? In other words, why should I order one? >>

Because it's about Frankies! Nough said!image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Strat:

As I understand it Rick will have more pictures and more color pictures, but that's not really what interests me the most - I found the original version quite interesting because it talked about populations of coins in the series, different die varieties, etc. Since 1997 there have been a lot of changes in the way Franklins are perceived, their rarity, etc. and I'm interested in finding out what Rick has to say about the series and about some of the offbeat varieties, like the 49S prooflike, they type 2&3 57-59's, and his analysis of the growth in populations versus other widely collected coins.

Frank
  • Options
    Over at David Lawrence this book is being sold for $24.95 .
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Arrrrggggggggg.......

And I just went and bought the first edition and received it in the mail today. Didn't know there was a new edition coming out.

Anyone want to buy a brand new first edition???image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file