Home U.S. Coin Forum

FC57Coins...How Do You Like This One?

pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• No, I'm not the cigar smoking dog, but that is one sweet 1962.

It looks very clean for a normally baggy date and it is struck a lot better than one would expect. It's a bonus to have such nice color on a date in which MS coins are normally found in brilliant condition.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    That little Pug is locked in his kennel for grading my nice coin a au58 in the Registry forum! Now onto the Frankie,

WOW OUTA SITE AND CRAZY DADDY-O!!!!!!!!! DRoooooooooooooool..........................My knees are wobbly again!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a sweet coin (thanks TomB). There is a wonderful orange peel (best I can describe it) toning that covers most of the fields on the obverse that didn't come through very well in the picture and the luster blazes through the toning throughout the coin.

FC57 was playing with his new camera (he son is reading the instructions to him as we speak image) so I thought he'd appreciate the coin and the picture.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Paul - my internet provider has been down - otherwise I would've handed you high praises on this baby a long time ago! - What a beautiful coin! Beautifully clean surfaces and very strong bell lines - I'd guess that's album toning from the looks of it. Very Gemmy - what's the grade on it? - Regardless, it's a knockout coin in a knockout date!!!! image

Frank

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file