Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

November Lincoln Pop Update

For the Lincoln followers, here is a summary in pop report changes from 11/02 through today, 11/30 (includes only RD coins MS 65 and above):

November

There are not nearly as many negatives as seen the last couple of months. Here's a link for last month's for anyone that wants to look back:

October

Enjoy,

WH

Comments

• KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Wayne.

Kevin
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Wayne. I really appreciate the fact that you share your "work product" here with us.

Watch out in December, I sent a smoker of a 43/S in Friday. It could reak havoc at the top!
    Doug
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne,

Thanks for the links. I've been watching your Lincoln pop posts for several months, and find them to be informative. Submissions appear to be down considerably. Are people discouraged with the grades they've been receiving?

It looks as if someone had rolls of 29-P, 30-P, and 33-D cents and sent in the best to be slabbed. 67RD's remain very tough, but there were twice as many as in October, despite the lower total for 65RD and higher. Is this a signal that PCGS is becoming a little less strict, or are submittors being more selective? It will be interesting to see the statistics for the next few months.

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Wayne,

I know the 1918 and the 1917 in ms 67 were made in Baltimore.The 1920 d in 66 red and a 1914 d in 65 red as well as a 1933 in 67 red were also made in Baltimore.I wonder, where is the 1911 s in 66 red?

Stewart
  • Are those only PCGS or both NGC and PCGS ?

I notice there is no change to the 1926-S. That is good for me as I have a NGC one on eBay ending today.
  • wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭
    Cocoinut--I won't purport to know the answers to your questions to the extent they relate to others. I can say that I've basically stopped submitting Wheat Cents for the time being due to what I felt were overall lower average assigned grades.

Stewart--were the Baltimore makes upgrades, crossovers, or new material?

CarlWohlforth--those stats are only PCGS.

WH
  • 1 of the 36's in 67 was mine as was the 21-P in 65. The 58-P in 67 was a sleeper, now a POP 11 coin. I accounted for about a dozen of the coins in Oct, mostly 66's.
  • sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    According to the list, there wasn't a 36's in 67 or a 58p in 67. Opps, I guess you are talking about the October report?
  • I know I'm very late to the party here, but just wanted to say Thanks, Wayne for posting these pops. I find them very informative!!

Coppernicus
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!