Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

OPINION NEEDED????!!!!

i actually need some help from some of you veterans. my question is regarding 70/71 topps basketball. i have the one and only #15 bob rule that is graded 9 by psa. now the problem is, it has a pd qualifier. for the life of me, i can't seem to see any print defect, and can't figure how it received this. so, my first question is... does anyone know of a prominent print defect know on the rule card? secondly, since there are only 4 psa 8's, would you rather have the only psa 9(even with the pd qualifier) or would you rather have a psa 8 with nq? also, do you think it would be worth sending in to try for the 9 nq and possibly settle on an 8 nq? thanks for the response in advance! tim
Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    I don't know anything about the 70/71 topps basketball set, but in my opinion, I'd resubmit and hope for a 9nq and settle for an 8nq - I would think that the pd has a good chance of not being picked up again if you're sure that you don't see it. With that low a pop on the 8s, you've got a rare card as it is.

JEB.
  • Options
    I would look at it very, very carefully.

If I saw nothing, I would wait until Monday and call PSA at 1-800-325-1121, and press "4". I would ask them what to do. I'd express confusion. I'd tell them that I'd carefully looked at the card, and could find nothing.

They would probably tell me to send it to them.

I'd write a letter asking for the PD to be removed.

Then I'd fill out an invoice, wrap everything up and send it to them.

Worst case you are out $10 or something like that, plus maybe another $12 shipping.

Best case, you get a PSA-9.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Brucemo hit the nail on the head.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    I am very familiar with the set. The #15 Rule card is a extremely tough card. I have one of 4 PSA 8's up on Ebay right now. The card has a deep black background behind Rule and is very prone to snow and spots. They PD almost any one that shows this snow, most cards are specklede like the Block , Smith and Boozer. All black background cards.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuyauwka, as i look at the card, i do see a small amount of "snow". it doesn't appear to be any more than is on some of the green and orange background cards that i have in psa 8. maybe just a little more noticeable because of the black background. do you think psa would slab it as an 8 nq if requested? also, if most have the "snow" would i be better off leaving it in the 9pd holder? also, while you are sharing the knowledge, i have two raw checklists. i think the #24 is probably 6-7 range while #101 is a strong 7 but i don't think it will pull an 8. first, how tough are the checklists and second, isn't there a variation on the #101...and what is it?
    thanks to all for the help! tim
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com