Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Been Looking for a Toned 39D Merc. Found This.

My Chuckle for the Week End. All seems just fine with this Auction.

ROFLMAO Again. For Sure.

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,
    Im LMAO so hard I can hardly post.Im thinking about emailing the seller,but hate to hurt hes fealings.Al
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin is rare! I don't think I have ever seen a 39-D in that low of grade. Especially from the Delaware mint.

Jon
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AL:

Go Easy on him if you do.

Jon:

So I presume $300.00 is way too cheap for this one. It better Slab. image

Will add that I saw a 26 G on Ebay tonight also. Could not figure out what that one was at all.

Ken
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I am sure if it was slabbed it would be a POP 1!

There should be a law against that type of abuse!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Too funny...AGAIN!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have a chance to bid there are 9 days left.
    I think if you send it in to PCGS you will be right on with a pop 1 coin.
    If I could only get that kind of money for one just like that I'd be rich however PT barnum once said there is one born every minute.image
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is an uncommon coin in that grade. You might have to look through hundreds of junk silver dimes to find one like that, although I doubt that it was made in Delaware. The pic is so small, I can't even tell if it's got a D mintmark.

Near mint?? He doesn't say it's in near mint condition; just "near mint". I checked on Yahoo maps, and it's 70.9 miles from Hempstead, NY to West Point, which technically isn't a mint, and Philadelphia is 118.7 miles. That might be considered "near mint", in a relative sense.image

Guess you'll have to continue your search, Ken.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim:

Nice. imageimage

Ken
  • Options
    Someone had a 1917-O Lincoln on the other day. Actually looked like a solid MSRB coin. Went for 64RB money as well.