Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Morgan Dollar Mint Marks

I have seen some questions/comments regarding the variety/types of Morgan dollar mint marks so I have decided to add an area on my Coin Grader website (click link below).

If anybody has any interest in this, check out my site and see if what I have (re:mint marks) is useful or not and let me know.

mint mark page

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I like it, should be of great use for Morgan collectors when finished.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Then there will be the S marks to add. But it's great to have a quick reference area online!
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I'm working on the S's right now and will show the D and have to do some research on the CC's.

From my understanding of the CC's they used a singe 'C' punched twice on some dies and had an actual 'CC' punch for others. This may be a more complex endeavor.

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Thats fantastic.I love it.Good job.Great reference material with pics and all.
  • Options
    I`ve never given it any thought about the size of the mintmark. After seeing it, I`ll be checking my Morgans as soon as possible. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Looks very, very nice so far. image
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Hey that's cool. Might turn some normal collectors into vammers. Don't forget the 1900 O/CC but don't list the 82 O/S because everybody knows it not an omm but a die crack.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Your sight has been useful. More info is always better.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your knowledge.

Jr
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have seen some questions/comments regarding the variety/types of Morgan dollar mint marks so I have decided to add an area on my Coin Grader website (click link below).

If anybody has any interest in this, check out my site and see if what I have (re:mint marks) is useful or not and let me know.

mint mark page >>

Thank you for your effort this is a welcome addition. A great Quick Ref online. I know i will visit it often.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file