Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is this called ? Odd Indian head cent

Is there a name for this, Everything on the coin is like fat with no detail. Is there a name for this? Side by side comparison

Comments

• Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Wear image

Owned by the same very nervous person for 20 years - who rubbed it incessently. image

elephantiasis - more common in IHCs that live in the tropics image
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I am no error expert but it has the looks of a strike through error but I suspect this coin had some after-mint experience like being put in a rock polisher? I might be totally wrong here but these are my thoughts. mike image
  • Options
    Pushkin, I would agree with you if I just looked at the rim , as it is rounded over. But I wonder why no trace of the dentices, and the metal on the wreath and letters actually are raised higher and fatter than the other cent like it never had any detail in it. I indeed mean no disrespect but I am just trying to learn. I am sure you know quite a bit more than I. Thanks Rick
  • Options
    the look of it reminds me of beachworn glass... could it have spent some time along a shore?
  • Options
    IT looks like good hardcore ware. or somebody had a fun time tumbling it . just my opnion,

Byron
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    Rick,

My first thougth was wear, but I'm no expert on errors. You asked a perfectly valid question. Your conjecture is as good as, if not better than mine. The "beachware conjecture" does sound plausible. image

It is an interesting and unusual looking coin.
  • Options
    Does the other side look the same way? From just looking at this one side it looks like it was struck through a very very late stage capped die.
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Conder101- when you click on the picture scroll down to see the other side. mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file