Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Went Merc Hunting at Salem,OR Coin Show.

But found none as usual. imageimageimage

A dealer buddy did let me take a shot of this to let you enjoy. Not the best photos as the lighting was terrible and I had the shakes. Cool Coin I think. He also had a 18/17 but my photos were the Pits on it.

The show was a busy place with the dealers commenting that thier inventories of coins was shrinking and not much material was around to replaced the inventory. Crowded by 11 AM which is a little unusual for this show. Collectors seemed to be buying if what they were after was present. Saw two board members that I knew for sure.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    That was my same experience at Tacoma a few weeks back.....And nothing to be found at the local coin stores, though I did find some in Downtown Portland but they were in the older holders and price on the high side for the grade...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 16! I would like one of those in ANY grade; even though, it is not a Merc.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SLQ is MUCH better looking than these photos come across. Nice Coin. Its For Sale but not cheap at all.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Just because I would like to own one--doesn't mean I can afford one. Maybe If I win the lotto???

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Hey Me also. If I had the money for this coin it would be for sure in my collection even though its not a Merc.

Ken
  • Options
    That was cool of the dealer to let you take pics of his coins. Thanks for sharing them. And, I see nothing wrong with those pics, dang good ones. I myself went to local dealers yesterday, with no luck on any material, not even a decent circulated dime. Seems things are getting dried up. Probably a good thing anyway, with Christmas just around the corner. I sure hope everyone has a great Holiday.image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    Oh I looked at a couple of Mercs but highly unusual restraint was used as they would have been duplicates again. image

Dennis the Dealer is a Very Cool Guy. He is also on Ebay now as "vanrarecoin". Just a great dealer that really enjoys the Hobby as it should be. He knows how to Grade also. Big image

Ken
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Is that the Cat from Vancover Rare Coins in Vancover Washington?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Lucy:

Yes !!

Its Steve Jones from Vancouver Rare Coin. When you are in the area stop in and see him. Bald Guys....He has them. Many of Them. Watch his Ebay Auctions as he probably will start putting some of them up.

Ken
  • Options
    We had a local show this weekend and I found a 20 p in 65fb that has a little tone around the edge. Pic is in my set below.

also found 3 toned morgans that look purdy.

• Options
    We had a local show this weekend also . I picked up a 38-s Merc MS67 FB. But it has some toning on it. Why I bought it, I dont know. Must be the power of " Lady "

Walt image