Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Just got another registry coin in the mail.

This is a 1894 PCGS PR66DCAM Barber quarter. It is the only DCAM graded by the PCGS for the date. There is one other graded in DCAM by the NCG (a PR66 as well). It is likely that another will grade as nice or nicer in the future, but I'll enjoy the pop 1(0) status while I still have it.

The scan makes the coin look brownish (it's not). The mirrors are very deep and the frost is very thick. There is a micro carbon spot at 9:00 that I don't think can be seen in the scan and another very small carbon spot at the lower left part of Liberty's neck. The reverse looks PR67. Over all, the coin has tremendous eye appeal.

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on that beautiful Quarter!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    That is one real nice coin!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

19th century proofs are cool. DCAM ones are outstanding!

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    rare really rare as a deep cameo

underappreciated and undervalued
    in proof and proof cameo let alone deep cameo! the ultimate rarity for a barber

superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one day these barber coins in proof and ms will wake up and then watch out! also overall low pops. for a series in choice and especially so in gem and superb gem proof and ms

sincerely michael
  • Options
    That looks like a very nice, old cameo proof coin! I have no doubt where your handle comes from image
  • Options
    Great coin Oldcameoproofguy.

I have for some time been considering whether to work on a set of proof Barbers (denomination to be determined). While I haven't decided yet, your set is certainly an inspiration.

Greg
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldCameo:

Your Title made this sound like the Coin was just a Ho Hum Coin. image

Not So !! Great Coin. image

Ken
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    OCPG,

Nice addition to a great looking set!

Dan
  • Options
    Beautiful coin indeed!.I like it alot.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.