Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kicking myself in the butt for NOT buying those extra coins at the last show!!!

One regret that I have about leaving the last show is NOT purchasing those '65,'66 and '67 SMS that were available from a dealer at bid. One of the '67's had a BEAUTIFUL frosted proof Kennedy half in it that would have rivaled any of the '92 silver proof sets looks! Those things priced at bid (or below) were an EXCELLENT price and I should have snapped them up, but I had already spent my money quota (just short of my wife kicking my butt for spending too much money this close to Christmas time)!!

Anyone else have any similar regrets/comments????
"LIVE FOR TODAY, BECAUSE THERE MAY BE NO TOMORROW!"- DEANE

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I held a 59d ms66fbl Frankie in my hand at Long Beach. How could I have ever let go?image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One regret that I have about leaving the last show is NOT purchasing those '65,'66'67'68 and '69 SMS >>

They minted SMS coins in '68 and '69?image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    -oooops! Got carried away and just realised the error. It WAS a '67 SMS I was speaking of, though. I stand corrected (and EDITED).
    "LIVE FOR TODAY, BECAUSE THERE MAY BE NO TOMORROW!"- DEANE

• Options
    I have so many Doubles and triples in coins that it aint funny. But then I have thousands of $'s in street rod parts, Motorcycle parts as well. Just laying around. Will I sell them, Heck no, I might need one in the future and wouldn't want to have to buy again. It aint me I tell you, It is the acid rain that causes these frequent Brain Farts!

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    bulldog......

what kind of motorcycle parts you have laying around?
  • Options
    meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    I am just guitar poor. I got the trottle back signal back in October...I cut in half.
    I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!
  • Options
    Words of wisdom...Your better off coming home from a show saying to yourself " I wish I bought that coin" than getting home and saying " Why the hell did I buy this coin". The first is cheaper and you'll get over it quicker ( and if you don't atleast the memory is pleasant unlike the "why the hell memory")
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>I am just guitar poor. I got the trottle back signal back in October...I cut in half. >>

whoa, that's heavy.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file