Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Flowing Hair Half Dollar - Overton Numbers

ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know a good web site or source of information to research Flowing Half Dollar scarcity and the overton numbers?

Thank you,
Tyler

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Overton book is ok for rarity and census info, but the JRCS census is even better. The easiest to obtain for census and rarity info is the Bowers catalog of the Russ Logan collection! (Mark Borckardt did an excellent job cataloging the collection and turning the material into a valuable research reference tome.)

For attribution, get the Peterson book. There is also an attribution CD available, but I don't know how good it is.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Any specific questions? I've done a lot of research on the FH's... There is really no single great source of info. Interesting references are Overton (1990), Beistle (1929), Hilt (1980), Steve Herrman's Auction and Mail Bid Prices realized, JRCS censuses (as mentioned before) - watch out for a major section of typo's in this tho..., and auction catalogs. Research is much easier if you are looking for info on a few varieties only.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that I got side-tracked before...

The Russ Logan Collection catalog (by Bowers) is really good for the Capped Bust material. For the FH stuff, Stack's catalog of the Queller Collection was really well done and is an excellent research reference. (I think maybe Stack's Hain catalog might also be good for FH...)

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file